• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Talk about a bad night

Last night, my coworkers stopped a car with 2 gangsters in it.

The driver got out of the vehicle with a gun, and was shot by the Po Po.

He was hit, but just wounded. He ran off, hopping a fence. My coworkers broadcast that, put it out on the radio and set up a perimeter. (They stayed with the car because it had another guy in it, and you don't run past a car if that's the case, because you don't know if he's armed or not.)

Anywho, about a minute later they heard a new volley of gunshots a block or two away. When the coppers got there they found bad guy, in worse shape than they remember.

He was unconscious, so they couldn't ask him "huh? The hell happened??"

So maybe 2 hours later a resident got home, saw all the Police and checked their Ring camera.

Soooo... after this guy was shot by the cops, he ran into a neighborhood he's not supposed to be in and ran into to the other side.. who proceeded to shoot him because of that.

Worse night than Herget had last night almost.

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

Reminds me of a story a friend who lived in Long Beach about 20 years ago told me that I think I've mentioned on here before.  The friend is the type who gets along with everyone and the gang members living on his street were always cool with him and they'd shoot the shit over beers.  One day he saw a few of them and asked about a guy he hadn't seen in a while.  Apparently the guy fell asleep in his car one or two streets over which was another gangs street and got shot and killed.  You know it happens over less even but if you don't grow up in that situation it's crazy to think that turning down or ending up on the wrong street could cost you your life. 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Can you clarify this?

Typo

He was like 3 streets (neighborhood streets, not city blocks) away from friends / guys who grew up with / stole his first car with / has the same tattoos with

He ended up on a block with people he stole cars from (they stole his Tio's) and has 3 different letter tattood on their throats (from his) from

If that makes sense

6 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Reminds me of a story a friend who lived in Long Beach about 20 years ago told me that I think I've mentioned on here before.  The friend is the type who gets along with everyone and the gang members living on his street were always cool with him and they'd shoot the shit over beers.  One day he saw a few of them and asked about a guy he hadn't seen in a while.  Apparently the guy fell asleep in his car one or two streets over which was another gangs street and got shot and killed.  You know it happens over less even but if you don't grow up in that situation it's crazy to think that turning down or ending up on the wrong street could cost you your life. 

Oi! Throwback! That's where I grew up

I'll put it like this....

If you aren't "from there", you can be as cool as you want with the locals... They're always "good guys"... 

... but it's a timeclock...

... sooner or later one of the homies are gonna feel like pressing you, and the guys you always thought were cool are gonna look the other way when he does his thing...

And I say that as a guy who was "from there"

I don't miss it.

Guys who were still in their teens, looking up to guys in their 20s, who will never make their 30s, thinking they knew something like guys in their 50s...

If you guys steal that I won't trip

20 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Last night, my coworkers stopped a car with 2 gangsters in it.

The driver got out of the vehicle with a gun, and was shot by the Po Po.

He was hit, but just wounded. He ran off, hopping a fence. My coworkers broadcast that, put it out on the radio and set up a perimeter. (They stayed with the car because it had another guy in it, and you don't run past a car if that's the case, because you don't know if he's armed or not.)

Anywho, about a minute later they heard a new volley of gunshots a block or two away. When the coppers got there they found bad guy, in worse shape than they remember.

He was unconscious, so they couldn't ask him "huh? The hell happened??"

So maybe 2 hours later a resident got home, saw all the Police and checked their Ring camera.

Soooo... after this guy was shot by the cops, he ran into a neighborhood he's not supposed to be in and ran into to the other side.. who proceeded to shoot him because of that.

Worse night than Herget had last night almost.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/losangeles/news/1-hospitalized-after-being-shot-by-police-in-santa-ana/
this the one?

On 4/8/2023 at 2:06 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You know it happens over less even but if you don't grow up in that situation it's crazy to think that turning down or ending up on the wrong street could cost you your life. 

A tourist happened to wander into the neighborhood west of the Stratosphere Hotel (now called the Strat, because people can't manage more than one syllable) on the north end of the Strip. He apparently wandered into a drug war, and he was shot and killed.

For the uninitiated, along the Strip is usually fine, although there is the occasional shooting or stabbing (normally gang related). Stray too far into the adjacent neighborhoods and you can easily wind up in a place where you shouldn't be walking.