• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels Minor League Stats, Reports & Scouting Thread

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Last is Orlando Martinez, who's kind of flown under the radar, but he's hit and hit everywhere just needs a shot. He mostly profiles as a 4th of.  

Everywhere but AAA.

At his age, he should be in AAA. And if he figures it out, he’ll find a big league role.

On 7/6/2023 at 8:22 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Holy walks.

they dip their hands in olive oil before pitching?

i'm willing to bet his teammates find that preferable to using deer urine like some others have used.

13 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Is there really a pure pitchability type starter these days that can slot into any team's mid rotation or better? I can't think of any.

Dane Dunning.  Marco Gonzales.  Sonny Gray since 2016 when he started to dial down the FB a bit.  Nestor Cortez.  Guess it depends how one defines pitchability, there are a lot of guys who thrown 91-93 and can get by.  Logan Webb rarely tops 93, Braxton Garrett might struggle to consistently hit 90.  Aaron Nola is another guy that isn't reliant on FB readings, ditto Beiber.  Joe Ryan is a mix and match type. Tyler Wells, Chris Bassit, Christian Javier, definitely Bryce Elder.  Then you have a ton of guys like Smyly, Merrill Kelly...

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Are they considering moving Bachman back to a rotation spot in the off-season?

I hope not. Same with Jose Soriano and Chris Rodriguez. That starter ship has sailed, all for completely different reasons but the end result should be the same. A dominant reliever.

I'm very curious to see how quickly Schanuel gets to AA.  Sonny DiChiara, who's splitting time between 1B and DH, still has shown zero of the power and hitting ability he supposedly had.  In 220 AB in AA across last year and this year, he only has 11 extra base hits (8 2B, 3 HR) and 98 (!!) K.  He does have 42 BB, which is nice, but you can't have a 1B/DH who hits .200 with a .277 slugging %.  Gabe Matthews is at AA now, too, but he's a 25-year-old non-prospect, so he shouldn't block Schanuel.  DiChiara went straight to Rocket City last year.  Maybe Schanuel will, too?

34 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I'm very curious to see how quickly Schanuel gets to AA.  Sonny DiChiara, who's splitting time between 1B and DH, still has shown zero of the power and hitting ability he supposedly had.  In 220 AB in AA across last year and this year, he only has 11 extra base hits (8 2B, 3 HR) and 98 (!!) K.  He does have 42 BB, which is nice, but you can't have a 1B/DH who hits .200 with a .277 slugging %.  Gabe Matthews is at AA now, too, but he's a 25-year-old non-prospect, so he shouldn't block Schanuel.  DiChiara went straight to Rocket City last year.  Maybe Schanuel will, too?

I’d guess he’s going straight to AA unless they want some wood bat time in A ball 

8 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I’d like to see Adams get a chance if Adell is out a month. Kinda wonder if he’s temporarily inactive so he doesn’t get hurt, and he’ll be up to replace Cabbage when Drury/Rendon are back.

He’s already been reactivated by Salt Lake