• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

New hitting coaches

Rollinghard

1 hour ago, Docwaukee said:

So does Rengifo and Taylor Ward. 

Ward doesn’t.

“I did a lot of swing changes with my guy, Trent Woodward,” Ward said. “He learned a lot while he was with the Astros and filled me in on the philosophies they were learning at the time. I’ve taken those to heart and have really taken them to another level, and that’s really what helped me.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-05-05/angels-taylor-ward-top-hitter-mlb-houston-astros-technology

Ward added: “Being on the heater would help with the aggressiveness, but I’m not the hitting coach. I think being more aggressive in the zone would help. … We need to get to fastballs. When we get them, we need to get them.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/07/21/angels-open-second-half-looking-to-fix-offensive-woes-by-hitting-the-fastball/amp/

30 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Ward doesn’t.

“I did a lot of swing changes with my guy, Trent Woodward,” Ward said. “He learned a lot while he was with the Astros and filled me in on the philosophies they were learning at the time. I’ve taken those to heart and have really taken them to another level, and that’s really what helped me.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/story/2022-05-05/angels-taylor-ward-top-hitter-mlb-houston-astros-technology

Ward added: “Being on the heater would help with the aggressiveness, but I’m not the hitting coach. I think being more aggressive in the zone would help. … We need to get to fastballs. When we get them, we need to get them.”

https://www.ocregister.com/2022/07/21/angels-open-second-half-looking-to-fix-offensive-woes-by-hitting-the-fastball/amp/

The point is that it's all over the road.  If they replace the current coaches, Ward will still probably seek advice from his own guy as long as it continues to work.  If you change coaches, you'll likely be helping some and hurting others.  Similar to keeping the current ones.  

And what works between Trent and Ward may not for others.  

2 hours ago, Docwaukee said:

The point is that it's all over the road.  If they replace the current coaches, Ward will still probably seek advice from his own guy as long as it continues to work.  If you change coaches, you'll likely be helping some and hurting others.  Similar to keeping the current ones.  

And what works between Trent and Ward may not for others.  

i say hire ward's guy trent and see what happens. it's not gonna be worse. lol.

I think we will see hitting philosophies change with the new rules. I think you’ll see less pitches taken, even more emphasis to be aggressive in the zone.  I think the pace will impact hitting as much as pitching as the hitters will probably feel the same rush as the pitchers with the pitch clock. 

On 10/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, Angelsfan1984 said:

To play devils advocate...how do you know the Angels coach didnt say to him, "hey sasquatch, stop double tapping your foot idoit" and Marsh simply ignored it when it came to game day?

why would marsh do that here, then not with phillie? the idea doesn't really hold water.

Clearly, Garrett Anderson and Tim Salmon should be the Angels hitting coaches. Percival and Finley should be pitching coaches.  Erstad should be infield and outfield coach.   Bennie Molina catching coach.  Eckstein Grit coach.  Kennedy launch angle coach.  Spiezio clutch coach.  Glaus chew coach.  Fullmer strength and conditioning.  Ramon Ortiz barber.  Washburn hunting coach.  Donnelly union busting coach.  

51 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Clearly, Garrett Anderson and Tim Salmon should be the Angels hitting coaches. Percival and Finley should be pitching coaches.  Erstad should be infield and outfield coach.   Bennie Molina catching coach.  Eckstein Grit coach.  Kennedy launch angle coach.  Spiezio clutch coach.  Glaus chew coach.  Fullmer strength and conditioning.  Ramon Ortiz barber.  Washburn hunting coach.  Donnelly union busting coach.  

I can go with this 

8 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I'm thinking when the Angels fly the position of hitting coach out there, they should be honest and call it a temporary position. It's a one year position. 

This is what I've been saying.  Still think it's likely to either be an internal guy (Paul Sorrento, etc.) or an older/veteran guy who'll be happy to come in for a year, make some $, and then quietly move on or head back to retirement once the long-term statuses of the management and front office teams are clearer.