• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If we can only get one major player...

Torridd

3 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

I want to dream on certain players as well - from a baseball standpoint only of course.  

But this year in particular it's tough for me to feel a ton of confidence that we'll pursue anyone for more than a 1yr deal if they're even remotely expensive.  I.e. anything above 10m per.  

It’s unfair in the last year of Ohtani that Minasian likely has his hands tied.  Maybe trades?  

54 minutes ago, Revad said:

It’s unfair in the last year of Ohtani that Minasian likely has his hands tied.  Maybe trades?  

maybe.  although the same logic probably applies in terms of current vs. future value relative to expense.  I just see the club sitting on their hands for anything that would impact more than just 2023.  

I think it's likely a good thing Moniak and Adell were relatively average down the stretch (Adell all year really). In fact, I think it was perfect. Both showed positive signs, but showed they clearly aren't there yet. They are young enough to still develop. But it solidifies the hole in LF. We're not going to hand the job to either of them and pretend they'll run with it. 

I think Adell can be in a trade, possibly with Rengifo and Barria/Canning/Suarez for a solid upgrade at 1B, LF, SP, or SS. Moniak can be a perfect 4th OF and still has some upside to become more. If I'm another FO, I look at what Marsh has done and think there's still a lot of upside to Adell that the Angels can't tap into. Otherwise, start him in AAA and sign a LF.