• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dipoto Won-Angels Lost 2022

eligrba

I mean, well, this is his 7th year running the Mariners.  Good for him, but he certainly had a long time to work on building and developing the team.

IMO, I think Minasian is probably the most skilled of the three (Dipoto, Eppler, Minasian) in terms of team building.  I know the team is currently struggling now, but just from my untrained eye, it looks like the minor league system is growing significantly, and I can see significant signs of optimism moving forward.  I have always felt that it takes a GM/PBO 3-4 years to truly overturn the organization, in the absence of being given an extra 100+ million of payroll to spend (which is what the Dodgers did when Guggenheim took over, and what Eppler got with the Mets, etc).  I feel if Minasian is kept aboard for another few years, he can make this a really good, long-term contending team.

Like I heard someone say the other day on the radio, if you're going to be a penny pincher when you buy an MLB franchise, don't buy it. Let someone else buy it who's going to at least spend enough money to be competitive. I seriously doubt the Angels are going to get ownership like that, but that's the worst case scenario.

15 minutes ago, gurn67 said:

Like I heard someone say the other day on the radio, if you're going to be a penny pincher when you buy an MLB franchise, don't buy it. Let someone else buy it who's going to at least spend enough money to be competitive. I seriously doubt the Angels are going to get ownership like that, but that's the worst case scenario.

The Marlins, exhibit A!

Past two owners only worth $500m each, I thought there was big money in Florida?

4 hours ago, gurn67 said:

Moreno spent a lot of money. It was just on Pujols, Hamilton, Wilson and Rendon.

14 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Moreno spent a lot of money. It was just on Pujols, Hamilton, Wilson and Rendon.

I agree. That was one good thing about Arte. He was the only owner other than  Gene Autry from 1977-1986 that actually spent money trying to win. Maybe not in the right places, but spent money. I meant I'm hoping new ownership doesn't come in, and push the Angels down to around 20th in payroll.