• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cuban RHP MIguel Alfredo Gonzalez...

3IP, 1R, 5H, 0BB, 5K. ND in a 7-6 loss. Post season for Liga Norte de Mexico set to start next weekend. If Gonzalez remains in the rotation, he could start on Wednesday or the regular season finale Thursday in Tijuana.

Fellow cuban and WBC vet, Pedro Luis Lazo, pitches for the visiting Freseros de San Quintin. No word yet on a possible start over the weekend.

Hasn't someone connected Alvarez to the Angels before? I vaguely recall someone mentioning him and another Cuban player being on their radar at some point in past few months...

That was me. I know the Angels had interest in Alvarez when he was trying out in February as well as Aledmys Diaz. Although Diaz can't sign until next year now.

Not sure about Alvarez now, because of Bourjos stepping up, and the total glut of outfielders.

That was me. I know the Angels had interest in Alvarez when he was trying out in February as well as Aledmys Diaz. Although Diaz can't sign until next year now.

Not sure about Alvarez now, because of Bourjos stepping up, and the total glut of outfielders.

This is the sort of thinking that dooms teams to second division status.    The glut of mediocre OFers and Peter Bourjos stepping up shouldn't keep the Angels from making a move for Alvarez if he's someone they actually covet or see as an upgrade.   Sign him, play him and then at worst you have yet another piece you could move to fix whats hurting the team elsewhere.

This is the sort of thinking that dooms teams to second division status.    The glut of mediocre OFers and Peter Bourjos stepping up shouldn't keep the Angels from making a move for Alvarez if he's someone they actually covet or see as an upgrade.   Sign him, play him and then at worst you have yet another piece you could move to fix whats hurting the team elsewhere.

My thinking exactly.