• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Run differential

Run differentials for AL teams are very interesting so far. 

The Halos, despite their 32-40 record, have allowed just 6 more runs than they've scored.

Only THREE AL teams have above a +25 run differential (Red Sux, Tigers, and A'ths). 

Even the Rangers are at just +20, just behind the O's +25.

Moral to the story?   Heck if I know, although I wonder what the W/L record would be if the bullpen didn't have so many injuries (Madson, Burnett, and Jepsen), the RISP hitting was even just decent, and Hackilton didn't resemble Mathisn't at the plate. 

True, but it seems maybe more so for the Halos, who have been involved in a lot of close games.

The Skanks have also been through a lot of injuries, and have managed to stay several games over .500.

Lack of RISP hitting and a beaten down by injuries pen are both big factors late in games.

Just think of it this way: the last three seasons Hamilton averaged a wRC of around 105 (basically an offensive sabermetric stat attempting to show how many runs a player created for his team).  That is considered great to elite offensive production. 

This year in 70 games (about 45% of the season) he has a wRC of 26 and is on pace for about a 55-60, which is basically half the production we're accustomed to seeing from him.  Considering our record in one run games and how many we've had, Hamilton could have essentially kept us in the race by himself just by matching his career norms. 

I know some other players are underperforming a bit as well, but the level to which Josh has sucked complete ass this year is pretty much unparalleled. 

Run differentials for AL teams are very interesting so far. 

The Halos, despite their 32-40 record, have allowed just 6 more runs than they've scored.

Only THREE AL teams have above a +25 run differential (Red Sux, Tigers, and A'ths). 

Even the Rangers are at just +20, just behind the O's +25.

Moral to the story?   Heck if I know, although I wonder what the W/L record would be if the bullpen didn't have so many injuries (Madson, Burnett, and Jepsen), the RISP hitting was even just decent, and Hackilton didn't resemble Mathisn't at the plate. 

AO, there were a couple of articles on FanGraphs regarding the Angels run differentials and hit sequencing earlier in the year. I couldn't find the former but I did find the latter: http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-importance-of-sequencing/

Basically the Angels started off the year with one of the worst run differentials in baseball and they ranked very low in production from hit sequencing (grouping multiple hits in a row and scoring RISP basically).

A recent article stated the Angels should have the 3rd best record over the remainder of the season which will leave us at 81 wins or something similar (i.e. out of contention).