• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Future of Angels Outfield (post-Adell's demotion)

Lou

Adell has tinkered with his swing in an attempt to make more consistent and quality contact. It hasn't worked. Prior to his demotion, he had tallied a 24-to-1 strikeout-to-walk ratio fueled by a 36 percent K rate.

Assuming Marsh can get his strikeout rate in check (he punched out in 35 percent of his big-league plate appearances, well above his minor-league rates), we think he could be this year's Kyle Tucker .

I guess that extra 1% makes all the difference.

5 minutes ago, eligrba said:

Weird there was no mention of Ward.  Ward breaking out this season is a much bigger story than the demotion of Adell IMHO.

Looks like they considering him a lock to stay in the lineup. 

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Looks like they considering him a lock to stay in the lineup. 

The more I watch Ward, the more I am reminded on how wrong I was about him.  His pitch recognition and strike zone management is amazing. 

7 minutes ago, eligrba said:

The more I watch Ward, the more I am reminded on how wrong I was about him.  His pitch recognition and strike zone management is amazing. 

Ward is the sort of break we needed, now if a better than average inexpensive SS that can hit would magically appear the Angels would be in heaven.  

9 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Unfortunately, he whiffs on fly-balls too. If he sorted that out he wouldn't be so scrutinised at the plate.

Adell definitely has issues he needs to work on defensively, but the focus of the article was on his lack of contact being the driving force behind his seemingly impending exit from the Angels future plans. Meanwhile Brandon Marsh was praised for his hitting and called the next Kyle Tucker despite an almost identical K rate. 

Perhaps their conclusions are correct, but the logic they seemed to use to get there looks unsound.

39 minutes ago, WicketMaiden said:

Unfortunately, he whiffs on fly-balls too. If he sorted that out he wouldn't be so scrutinised at the plate.

For a moment, it seemed like Adell made the right adjustments to become a competent fielder, but he’s gone back to having poor defensive instincts, failing to catch routine fly balls, and making bone-headed mistakes (like not throwing to the cut-off man). 

It’s baffling, because he shows flashes of great defense, but he clearly needs to work on his fundamentals and/or get some contact lenses.

I think Adell becoming a successful MLB player is a long shot. He’s basically the new Taylor Ward (well the old one…you know what I mean).