Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Patrick Sandoval


Recommended Posts

Tried finding a thread on him but didnt see one. Missed the game tonight (working), but how did he look?

Ive had high hopes for this guy for awhile now....

If Ohtani is Ohtani, and Syndegaard is 80 percent of who he was, and Sandoval is a bonafide 3, this rotation is suddenly a lot better than I think a lot of people realize.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandoval absolutely shoved tonight. And his development is awesome on so many levels. 

1. Local product. Always good. 

2. Farm product, which means he's young and cost controlled. 

3. They acquired him from the Astros, who thought they were selling him high when they got Maldonado for him. 

4. He's proof that the developmental team can actually have success. When the Angels acquired him, he sat 90-92, with an average slider and an above average change. Since then, he's reeled in his emotions and subsequently his mechanics, now sits 94-95, has a decent slider that he's learned to use as a backdoor offering, making it play for lefties and righties, and now has the best change up in baseball. 

5. And yes to whoever said it above. He's Johan Santana 2.0, is a front of the rotation starter and the Angels should consider locking him up very early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sandoval is the best kept secret that may not be a secret for long.  People shat on the Angels starting pitching all winter.   I always thought Ohtani, Syndergaard, and Sandoval was a good start to a rotation.  Maybe not amazing, but solid, at least.  Suarez pitched well last year, too, but I've been bullish on Sandoval for a while.  Lorenzen is looking good. 

This is a good squad.  And they can add on later.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Tried finding a thread on him but didnt see one. Missed the game tonight (working), but how did he look?

Ive had high hopes for this guy for awhile now....

If Ohtani is Ohtani, and Syndegaard is 80 percent of who he was, and Sandoval is a bonafide 3, this rotation is suddenly a lot better than I think a lot of people realize.

Sandoval was lethal, totally on his game. His change-up put a couple of hitters on their knees, they couldn't get anywhere near it. His performance completely justified his stat-line. Very, very promising indeed.

Props to Rendon too, he was a beast with the glove last night, as was Trout with the bat. Fun times! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would say that if Sandoval continues to have a 1.000 WHIP and 0.00 ERA, he will be a solid contributor. 

Seriously, though, he has been fun to watch - as have most of the starters so far.

Maybe we don't need Ohtani-Syndergaard-Sandoval-Lorenzen to be the '98 Braves; maybe we just need them to not suck. That should be enough to have a winning record, which is something we have not seen for a long time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ScottT said:

Sandoval is the best kept secret that may not be a secret for long.  People shat on the Angels starting pitching all winter.   I always thought Ohtani, Syndergaard, and Sandoval was a good start to a rotation.  Maybe not amazing, but solid, at least.  Suarez pitched well last year, too, but I've been bullish on Sandoval for a while.  Lorenzen is looking good. 

This is a good squad.  And they can add on later.   

So far the rotation's performance has exceeded expectations and I think they can continue to pitch at a higher level 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Chuck changed the title to Patrick Sandoval
12 hours ago, ScottT said:

Sandoval is the best kept secret that may not be a secret for long.  People shat on the Angels starting pitching all winter.   I always thought Ohtani, Syndergaard, and Sandoval was a good start to a rotation.  Maybe not amazing, but solid, at least.  Suarez pitched well last year, too, but I've been bullish on Sandoval for a while.  Lorenzen is looking good. 

This is a good squad.  And they can add on later.   

Agreed. Upside wise, it's a very, very good trio of arms with #1 starter ability based off stuff alone. Only question is durability/health concerns, mainly the latter 2 with Syndergaard coming off TJS recovery and Sandoval missing the end of the season with his back injury.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, WicketMaiden said:

Sandoval was lethal, totally on his game. His change-up put a couple of hitters on their knees, they couldn't get anywhere near it. His performance completely justified his stat-line. Very, very promising indeed.

Props to Rendon too, he was a beast with the glove last night, as was Trout with the bat. Fun times! 

Absolutely - there was no "fluke" in what he did - he spotted his fastball really well, and his slider and changeup were just nasty - I dunno *what* he threw to Reyes - some kind of cutting changeup - but the look on his face was priceless.

Got tired and his velocity dropped quite a bit - my only concern with *that* is that Maddon not leave him in too long - that's when you get hurt, when you're fatigued.  Let him build length naturally.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...