• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels @ Mariners (3/20/22)

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Detmers with 5 Ks through 2 IP.  Looking good!  Tons of movement.

Confidence similar to what we saw on the minors and so much better execution.  

He had a ton of games in the minor last year where he would have that high fastball and big breaker coming from the same release point.  The curve would freeze guys and the fastball would end up at eye level with guys swinging through it.  He did that a few times today and it was really nice to see.  I think the change and slider will be what makes or breaks him in terms of getting deep into games and then those will likely come along more in yrs 2 and 3.  

I know it's spring, but that was encouraging mostly because it looked like the guy who mowed people down in the minors and not the guy who struggled in the bigs.  

7 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think Janson Junk is going to be a nice surprise this year. Have a feeling he could be surprisingly good arm in a hurry.

really?  Wasn't super impressed with what I saw in the minors last year.  Every time I've watched him, he seems pretty erratic sans one start.  Misses his spots a lot.  He was pretty good when his command and control were on but not convinced that his stuff is good enough to get away with many mistakes at the major league level.    

26 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

really?  Wasn't super impressed with what I saw in the minors last year.  Every time I've watched him, he seems pretty erratic sans one start.  Misses his spots a lot.  He was pretty good when his command and control were on but not convinced that his stuff is good enough to get away with many mistakes at the major league level.    

He doesn't really stand out to me. He is the kind of guy that is going to have to really improve his command for me to take notice.