• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official 2022 PGA Tour thread

23 minutes ago, Tank said:

agree about fowler and liv. as fun as he is, he just doesn't win nearly enough on the tour. he almost lost his tour card a year or two ago and had to fight like mad to get back on tour, IIRC.  you'd like to see him consistently in the top 10 or 20, but that hasn't been the case.

Ricky has actually had a really good year this year.  A sort of resurgence.  He’s been about 50% of his tournaments in the Top 25, and he’s had 4 Top 10’s.  He just hasn’t hit the winners circle yet.

Honestly, I really root for him.  He’s likable, and he’s not exactly hurting for endorsement money.  I’d hate to see him jump to LIV, but you gotta do what you feel you gotta do.

The rumor is out there.

Today’s conditions look miserable.  Early on, aside from Thomas Pieters, big numbers are being shot so far.

If the weather stays crummy, the lte players are going to struggle if they don’t call off play today.  Not sure what the weather conditions are supposed to be.

I think it was McIlroy that complained about the date move by the PGA from August back to May when rain is more of a factor in upstate New York. He liked the PGA event being the last of the majors to pretty much close out the season instead of bunching all of the majors together one month apart from each other. His fear is that weather will force the PGA to move the event to southern states, which McIlroy didn't like since so many events are already scheduled there. I'd have to agree. 

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I think it was McIlroy that complained about the date move by the PGA from August back to May when rain is more of a factor in upstate New York. He liked the PGA event being the last of the majors to pretty much close out the season instead of bunching all of the majors together one month apart from each other. His fear is that weather will force the PGA to move the event to southern states, which McIlroy didn't like since so many events are already scheduled there. I'd have to agree. 

Double edge sword.  Move it right after Masters, so the Masters euphoria is still there, PGA is in talks of the second leg of the slam, and before the US and British.  Or last when really it was an afterthought major, because the Masters and US and British already happened, and talks like tournaments of the Memorial ilk should be the 4th major.  Only thing that would make the PGA compelling in that scenario is if a Grand Slam was in play, which it rarely is.  Conditions are better in August.  But the only reason why it seems like more events are in the southern states right now, is that the PGA schedule is heavy on the West Coast Florida in the beginning of the schedule due to weather concerns.  During the summer it's a whole long list of who gives a fuck Midwest and East Coast tournies.

Brooks and DeChambeau partnered together today.  Not sure if they mended fences since they both joined LIV, but I’ll bet the over/under on words spoken between the two is under 2.

I’ll take the under.

Edited by PattyD22

"I always liked it in August that this was glory's last shot and there was a real identity there," McIlroy, the 2012 and '14 winner, said. "Not saying that it's lost any of that identity in terms of its still a Major championship, but I feel like having it be the last Major of the year maybe just gave it a little bit of something that it doesn't quite have right now."

"Do I like it in May? Look, the only thing about May is that, maybe in the future it'll start to exclude places like this in the north-east from hosting this championship, so that's a shame," McIlroy added. "The north-east is sort of my favourite golf to play in this country.

"I love the golf courses up here and I love the tradition, and a lot of the historic golf course architects started their journeys up here and have built some amazing golf courses. It would be a shame if we weren't able to come back here."

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

7 minutes ago, PattyD22 said:

I believe he’s from Mission Viejo.  Not watching right now.  The wife has me on a hike.  And no, wise asses, she didn’t tell me to “go take a hike.”

PGA Championship: Michael Block trying to go where no club pro has gone before

https://sports.yahoo.com/pga-championship-michael-block-trying-to-go-where-no-club-pro-has-gone-before-205003627.html