• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Would you be mad if the Angels signed....

.... Ohtani to a long term contract today?

Serious question. If say they backed off from big contracts this year, but gave ohtani a trout deal.

Locking trout up was great. But it hasnt led to anything (yet). With that in mind, if we blew our wad on Ohtani this winter, and played off Syndegaard and Lorenzen as our big adds, what would your reaction be?

Just now, mmc said:

Yes, if we have no interest in building a team around this core he needs to be shopped.  Maybe you don't pull the trigger on a trade now, but what's the point in investing an insane amount of money in Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani if we aren't going to commit to build a winning team around them?

I hate to say it, but this is kind of where I am too.

Id HATE to lose him. But theres no point in keeping "museum pieces" for us to stare at if the museum sucks. 

I'm probably very much alone in this but I just have zero attachment to anyone on the team really at this point, yes including Trout, Rendon, and Ohtani.  Right now I just associate them as a core that hasn't ever been good enough to be anything other than mediocre and there's no one on the roster at this point that I'd be upset if they traded.  I have no issue with blowing up the team and trying again with a core built around Detmers, Marsh, Bachman, Adell, Adams, etc + whatever prospects we get for selling.

You want to blow up the team and start again ? What leads you to believe the people who run the angels can do better from scratch when they can’t figure it out with Trout and Ohtani. Lol.  These fucking idiots can’t make it happen with a video game handicap on. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

You want to blow up the team and start again ? What leads you to believe the people who run the angels can do better from scratch when they can’t figure it out with Trout and Ohtani. Lol.  These fucking idiots can’t make it happen with a video game handicap on. 

Nothing because I don't

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

So might as well keep the ohtanisan and the GOAT around then. 

Why?  Even though I'm not confident they'll be any better with a rebuild, it's still worth a shot because I have absolutely zero confidence with the current group.  Just the way I see it.

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Why?  Even though I'm not confident they'll be any better with a rebuild, it's still worth a shot because I have absolutely zero confidence with the current group.  Just the way I see it.

You know what I think.  I think you want to keep your insta posting monopoly and fear that if the Angels somehow become good people will be less impressed with your quick posting because they’ll be less desperate for angels off season news.  A 30 year rebuild guarantees your place of value.  Very selfish dude.  

i'd sign ohtani to a long term deal asap.

if you trade him, why would other free agents even consider coming to your team down the road? you have to have a strong core in order to build, and they have that with ohtani, rendon, and an occasionally healthy trout. if you trade away those particular pieces, it'll set this team back a good ten years.

3 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'd sign ohtani to a long term deal asap.

if you trade him, why would other free agents even consider coming to your team down the road? you have to have a strong core in order to build, and they have that with ohtani, rendon, and an occasionally healthy trout. if you trade away those particular pieces, it'll set this team back a good ten years.

Can't say I understand this line of thinking.  The team is coming off 6 losing seasons, the longest such streak in the league.  When was the last time this team was seriously competing after the All Star break?  How much lower can you really set the team back, and why would it take anywhere near 10 years to get back to being a 75-80 win team?

21 minutes ago, mmc said:

Can't say I understand this line of thinking.  The team is coming off 6 losing seasons, the longest such streak in the league.  When was the last time this team was seriously competing after the All Star break?  How much lower can you really set the team back, and why would it take anywhere near 10 years to get back to being a 75-80 win team?

How would trading Ohtani make this team better? Remember when the Marlins traded Miguel Cabrera?

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It wouldn’t if you traded him for prospects. I’d trade him for the right major leaguers. 

I don’t trust this team to trade for the right major leaguers. As it stands, Ohtani is the only worthwhile part of this team. He’s more exciting to watch than Trout, and he’s extremely marketable which makes me think Arte will never let him go.

9 minutes ago, failos said:

I don’t trust this team to trade for the right major leaguers. As it stands, Ohtani is the only worthwhile part of this team. He’s more exciting to watch than Trout, and he’s extremely marketable which makes me think Arte will never let him go.

Ok. 

Like everybody else, I dont want to lose Ohtani. Id love to lock him up.

But if that was our only move the rest of the year, id be pissed. Essentially, it would be a Trout repeat. Appease everyone with a huge attraction, while we continue to lose.

I knew Trout would stay. He said it plenty of times, and I knew the Angels would pay him.

I think theyre more than willing to pay Ohtani, too. Problem is, Im not sure he's going to want to stay.

I think his comments were sort of misunderstood. I dont think he "wants out". But I think we're on a very short clock of him coming to that. I get the feeling that whereas most athletes, money comes first, I think he's more interested in cementing his legacy over being the best paid.

Essentially, Im really hoping the Angels dont screw this up

2 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

.... Ohtani to a long term contract today?

Serious question. If say they backed off from big contracts this year, but gave ohtani a trout deal.

Locking trout up was great. But it hasnt led to anything (yet). With that in mind, if we blew our wad on Ohtani this winter, and played off Syndegaard and Lorenzen as our big adds, what would your reaction be?

Not really. It would tell me that he wants to be an Angel. Now, I wouldn't be happy with just that signing though. Lorenzen doesn't cut it. We need at least one other consistent starter.

Just now, failos said:

Well said

I mean what am I to say when you say you don’t trust the front office. Perry brought in some great names to surround himself with.  So now you’ll say, “but Arte” and it’s a discussion that’s old and boring. No offense it’s just been done. 

11 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I mean what am I to say when you say you don’t trust the front office. Perry brought in some great names to surround himself with.  So now you’ll say, “but Arte” and it’s a discussion that’s old and boring. No offense it’s just been done. 

Yeah I don’t trust this front office to give us a good return for a once in a generation talent like Ohtani—in fact, I wouldn’t trust any front office, but you perceive everything as an attack against the Angels and you take everything so personally, so I’ll leave you to it.