• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Will you be frustrated with the Angels if they don't make a significant starting pitching addition before the (potential) lockout on Dec. 2?

BTH

Will you be frustrated with the Angels if they don't make a significant starting pitching addition before the (potential) lockout on Dec. 2?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be frustrated with the Angels if they don't make a significant starting pitching addition before the (potential) lockout on Dec. 2?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends on how many starting pitchers come off the board by then.

Will you be frustrated with the Angels if they don't make a significant starting pitching addition before the (potential) lockout on Dec. 2? The date could act as a sort-of-deadline as who knows what the market will be like after the (potential) lockout ends.

I went with depends.  Minasian is looking for two starters, two relievers, at least either a SS or catcher.  Since we don’t know how long the lockout will last I’d like to see acquisition of at least two players, doesn’t need to be two impact/significant starters.  A significant starter and a significant reliever would ease my mind though.

Genuine question: why does it matter when they sign?

If there's a lock-out (something I will happily admit I know little about) then any unsigned pitchers are going to be keen to make a deal as soon as the lock-out ends, and I would imagine there will be some sort of preamble to the season before it begins to enable them to get their fitness up, so what difference does it really make? Genuinely curious.