• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OC Register: Albert Pujols to play winter ball, eyes return to majors in 2022, source says

22 hours ago, HanfordGuy said:

“Why do I have to retire because someone tells me to?”

Nobody being willing to write you a check, for starters.

I'm sure that teams will be lined up ten deep to sign a guy who is essentially a part-time DH in his early 40s (at least that's the story) who hits .230 and will hit a dinger with nobody on base now and again in a game that his team is hopelessly out of - leading the announcers to say "That's why he is in the lineup."

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

23 minutes ago, cals said:

“I’ve always said that I’m going to retire when I feel it’s time,” Pujols said in Spanish. “I don’t think my time to retire has come. I don’t want to sit in my house next year, knowing that I can still keep playing.”

Good for him.

Yep and I'm just glad it's not with the Halos 

43 minutes ago, ukyah said:

i died reading this first and then watching the video. i just died.

https://www.mlb.com/news/albert-pujols-walk-off-in-first-lidom-game

Did Albert “Wheels” Pujols beat the throw or did the throw pull the 1B off the bag? 

I wonder if the Mets sign him to platoon with Cano at DH.

15 hours ago, cals said:

“I’ve always said that I’m going to retire when I feel it’s time,” Pujols said in Spanish. “I don’t think my time to retire has come. I don’t want to sit in my house next year, knowing that I can still keep playing.”

Good for him.

Craig also wants to keep playing.

• 4 months later...
Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Albert's last five years: 545 games, 241/.290/.410, 85 wRC+, -3.3 WAR. 

Of 316 qualifying players during that span of time, his -3.3 WAR is second worst after Chris Davis with -5.2.

His veteran leadership is worth 100 WAR.

5 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Albert's last five years: 545 games, 241/.290/.410, 85 wRC+, -3.3 WAR. 

Of 316 qualifying players during that span of time, his -3.3 WAR is second worst after Chris Davis with -5.2.

Chris Davis's career was so f-ing weird. BTW, he made $115M during those five years, with another $23M coming to him spread over time as deferred money.