• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Did I get fucked in the ass by the auto repair shop?

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

I'd look on Yelp for an independent mechanic with really good reviews.

You do realize half of Yelp reviews are phony plants? For every one complaint many companies flood their page with 10 positive reviews. 

Old school is ask people you know who they trust. I don't trust Kim from Tustin on Yelp for mechanic reviews no matter how nice her profile pic is.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

You do realize half of Yelp reviews are phony plants? For every one complaint many companies flood their page with 10 positive reviews. 

Old school is ask people you know who they trust. I don't trust Kim from Tustin on Yelp for mechanic reviews no matter how nice her profile pic is.

It's pretty easy to tell the difference between real and fake reviews for mechanics. I've had good luck using Yelp to find solid mechanics the last couple times we've moved.

How much did they charge in labor? Some of these fucking mechanics charge thousands in labor for a few hours of work. I hate them. The one I went to in Aliso Viejo usually services rich people who don't care/know any better. That's probably why they get such great reviews.

I now go to a Persian dude in Lake Forest who calls people habibi. He aight. I believe he charged me 500 dollars for new brakes.

I would believe $4500 for brakes if you drove a Fred Flinstone car. In fact, $4500 would be cheap for a new pair of feet. $1700 means you got a pair of pirate pegs.

Edited by True Grich

8 hours ago, NrM said:

How much did they charge in labor? Some of these fucking mechanics charge thousands in labor for a few hours of work. I hate them. The one I went to in Aliso Viejo usually services rich people who don't care/know any better. That's probably why they get such great reviews.

I now go to a Persian dude in Lake Forest who calls people habibi. He aight. I believe he charged me 500 dollars for new brakes.

About $600 for labor.

12 hours ago, NrM said:

That’s weird. Persians don’t use that word…it doesn’t exist in Farsi.

lol. I would never in my life use Yelp to find a mechanic. I remember when Yelp lost all credibility for extorting businesses to pay more or receive bad reviews/hide good ones. Not only that, but real rational people don't really leave reviews and most of the people that do just want to complain. That's why the company with the most negative reviews is Disneyland....you read that right. The happiest place on earth has the most negative reviews on the internet.

24 minutes ago, Brandon said:

lol. I would never in my life use Yelp to find a mechanic. I remember when Yelp lost all credibility for extorting businesses to pay more or receive bad reviews/hide good ones. Not only that, but real rational people don't really leave reviews and most of the people that do just want to complain. That's why the company with the most negative reviews is Disneyland....you read that right. The happiest place on earth has the most negative reviews on the internet.

To be fair Disneyland does suck and deserves those negative reviews. 

8 hours ago, cals said:

Was just going to say the same thing.  There was a point, even as an adult, that I still enjoyed going to Disneyland.  But the crowds have gotten so obnoxious any day of the year.  And when we went to Disney World in April when it was still “reduced capacity” because of Covid and when we got there it was still a sea of fat humanity and screaming kids, I finally gave up.  Yeah I know I’m gay for even liking it past age 12 but it used to be a blast.

You are rich.  Get the rich person pass.  I'm the same way, I hate people, thus hate crowds.  But my buddy was working at Magic Mountain for their fastpass thing.  So he got us in and got us the second to highest level fastpass.  Made going to an amusement park tolerable.  You just laugh at the people waiting 1-2 hours in line, and cut to the front.  Of course, the fastpass cost as much as the admission ticket, more if you get the highest level.  But not dealing with people was worth it.  

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

You are rich.  Get the rich person pass.  I'm the same way, I hate people, thus hate crowds.  But my buddy was working at Magic Mountain for their fastpass thing.  So he got us in and got us the second to highest level fastpass.  Made going to an amusement park tolerable.  You just laugh at the people waiting 1-2 hours in line, and cut to the front.  Of course, the fastpass cost as much as the admission ticket, more if you get the highest level.  But not dealing with people was worth it.  

Magic Mountain has good rides. Disneyland does not. 

29 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Magic Mountain also sells alcohol.  So with the pass it was ride, drink, ride, drink, ride, drink.  It made waiting 30 minutes between rides a drinking game.

My brother thought it would be a good idea to take an edible while at Knott's with his wife and kids. It wasn't. 

Auto shops always fall back to your brakes and rotors as an easy out to pile on.  For inspections I usually go to one of the oil change places run by an Afghani who gets you out in 10 minutes passed and no extra estimate added on like the auto repair shop.  These days you go to the "auto shop" for an oil change and they hand you an estimate for any wear and tear on your car and I tell them you wasted your time, you just totaled my car. 

What kind of car is it and is the whirring in the front or the back?  Usually a whirring noise where you speed up it gets louder and as you slow it goes down and goes away when stopped indicates an axle.  Brakes squeak when depression the pedal but wont whir at different speeds. Taylor could be right and it is a belt and easy to diagnose, open the hood idling and give a little gas, you can't miss the squeal sound and the faster you go the more the belt turns obviously.  

Front or back noise would be helpful to know.  Screeching sound in front likely belt/water pump area, a whirring sound that gets louder and slows as you speed up or slow down could be an axle.  

To answer your question, you got hosed even if you wanted brakes.