• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels DFA Scott Schebler, select Phil Gosselin

mmc

7 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

I hope Schebler sticks around.  Kind of hard for an extra player to be productive with as few chances as he was getting.  

I still like his LH power potential. 

He started 6 games and played most of another, in addition to his pinch-hitting and defensive replacement appearances.  And that's just since April 19.  He had his chance.

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

He started 6 games and played most of another, in addition to his pinch-hitting and defensive replacement appearances.  And that's just since April 19.  He had his chance.

Small sample size! It's good to have a 4th OF that bats left that can provide power off the bench or fill in for a short time. 

Nobody expected him to be a savior or anything. Just a decent replacement level player until Ward, Marsh or Adell were ready, or until Lagares was healthy if they felt he could start a majority of the games in RF in Fowler's absence. 

I just wish we had someone to bump Pujols from the lineup. 💩

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Small sample size! It's good to have a 4th OF that bats left that can provide power off the bench or fill in for a short time. 

Nobody expected him to be a savior or anything. Just a decent replacement level player until Ward, Marsh or Adell were ready, or until Lagares was healthy if they felt he could start a majority of the games in RF in Fowler's absence. 

I just wish we had someone to bump Pujols from the lineup. 💩

I understand it's "small sample size" (I literally work with sample selection every day in my job).  He still didn't produce and hasn't done so at the major league level in 3 years. (Yeah, I know about his shoulder injury...still gotta produce!)  I truly wish we had a decent RF option, too--but it ain't Scheb, so I have no problem with him getting shipped out.

4 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I understand it's "small sample size" (I literally work with sample selection every day in my job).  He still didn't produce and hasn't done so at the major league level in 3 years. (Yeah, I know about his shoulder injury...still gotta produce!)  I truly wish we had a decent RF option, too--but it ain't Scheb, so I have no problem with him getting shipped out.

I still don't understand why Ward isn't playing RF. He looked good to me out there. Good range and a strong throwing arm. 

Man, anything to push Walsh who I like in RF as well, to 1B to bump Pujols from the lineup. 

30 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I still don't understand why Ward isn't playing RF. He looked good to me out there. Good range and a strong throwing arm. 

Man, anything to push Walsh who I like in RF as well, to 1B to bump Pujols from the lineup. 

I'm starting to get annoyed with all the questionable roster moves. I can't wait to hear what a great story Gosselin has...

12 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No he isn't.

Part-time catcher, utility guy for the Bees?

I'd personally love to see him in RF. Has Maddon said anything about his play there last season?

He showed a strong arm and good range, solid routes to the ball there. His bat was pretty solid too.