• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

[Rain Day Poll] What's Your Favorite Team Name?

What's In A Name?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your preferred team name?

• Los Angeles Angels
    • California Angels
    • Anaheim Angels
    • Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Two people actually voted for Anaheim Angels? LOL!

Yes, and I'm one of them. Granted, I'm not an old timer as Angels fans go, but "California" never made sense. My guess is that once the team left Los Angeles they had to come up with something to call it, and they decided not to pick one Orange County community over another. With four other MLB teams in California, the Angels definitely don't represent the entire state.

I've never been a fan of state names for pro sports teams. A team's name ought to tell me where they play. If I have to look it up, what's the point? And I won't even get into state and regional names for minor league teams...

One thing I always wondered growing up in Florida: Why is every pro sports team called "Florida" almost invariably based in Miami?

I probably would have picked Anaheim Angels over California Angels if it weren't for the periwinkle unis and that horrid logo. It always looked like the wing was raping the letter A on it. And I intentionally never got a periwinkle jersey. Those things were fugly. On the bright side, being the Anaheim Angels always had us listed first on websites and things.

^They were also the Anaheim Angels after the periwinkles, with the same awesome style jersey they use today. 

Two people actually voted for Anaheim Angels? LOL!

Uhm, they won a World Series as the Anaheim Angels. They also had sick away uni's with a halo over the A in Anaheim across the chest. Associating this team with that garbage county one border West is probably my least favorite thing Arte has done to the team.

Anaheim Angels is the best name for the team, period. 

2485374_display_image.jpg?1294791880

Yes, and I'm one of them. Granted, I'm not an old timer as Angels fans go, but "California" never made sense. My guess is that once the team left Los Angeles they had to come up with something to call it, and they decided not to pick one Orange County community over another. With four other MLB teams in California, the Angels definitely don't represent the entire state.

I've never been a fan of state names for pro sports teams. A team's name ought to tell me where they play. If I have to look it up, what's the point? And I won't even get into state and regional names for minor league teams...

One thing I always wondered growing up in Florida: Why is every pro sports team called "Florida" almost invariably based in Miami?

Texas Rangers make sense when there was the Houston Astros?

The name Texas Rangers is an institution in the state outside of the baseball Team, right up there with the phrase "remember the alamo"

And for me, I still call them the California Angel, and will until I die