• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Used SUV's

Gonna buy a newer used SUV, likely mid-size, sometime this year.  The Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander size is probably where we'll end up, but currently vetting the market.  I'm really liking the Mazda CX-9 (and the smaller CX-5).  Anybody driving these and can give feedback?  2016 and on!  Wouldn't mind hearing thoughts on other similar competitors.

46 minutes ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Is anybody towing anything?  Small camper, trailer, etc.?  How well does it do with power/gas mileage?

Trying to find a balance between reviewed well, price, gas mileage, amenities (leather, heat, 3rd row, safety features like b/u cam, blind spot, etc.). 

We don't tow anything, but I have seen some with tow bars added. Not sure about the power to tow. It does have plenty of power for trips full of kids and luggage.

We don't have leather seats because we live where it is very hot and it's better to have the fabric seats.

We have the backup camera, but don't use it very much.

No blind spots in the Highlander or RAV 4.

We have the third row options and most of the time we have the seat down to have more storage in the back. But it comes in handy when you have extra kids or guests.

1 hour ago, HaloMilliVanilli said:

Is anybody towing anything?  Small camper, trailer, etc.?  How well does it do with power/gas mileage?

Trying to find a balance between reviewed well, price, gas mileage, amenities (leather, heat, 3rd row, safety features like b/u cam, blind spot, etc.). 

I'm kind of in the same spot you are.  Thinking of getting a used suv, more than likely a AWD/4WD.  Mainly for camping, elevations, windy roads, and non paved roads.  

About 3.5 years ago I bought a 2014 certified pre-owned CRV.  No complaints as it gets good mileage averaging about 33mpg on recent road trips.  That said if you want to tow it's not the car for you as the towing capacity is 1,500 lbs max with the tongue weight being 10% of that so that rules out most trailers you would actually sleep in except some smaller tear drop type trailers.  We don't have a space to store a trailer right now so it's a non-issue but eventually we hope to at which point I'd look into getting one.  If I were looking for a mid-size SUV right now I'd lean more towards the Pilot which has 3,500 lbs towing capacity which seems to be the same as the Highlander.  With that much towing capacity there's quite a few trailer options.   

12 hours ago, calscuf said:

I love how a bunch of right wingers are jacking off to Japanese cars.  So much for buy American.

Amen. The double speaking globalists make me sick.

Meanwhile, I'm here driving a Chevy like a true patriot and simultaneously trying to help the US secure the lead in electric vehicle production.

14 hours ago, calscuf said:

I love how a bunch of right wingers are jacking off to Japanese cars.  So much for buy American.

Coming from a guy who drives a German car. 

I guess we both own vehicles made by our enemies in WWII.

I drive a Ford F150 BTW.

2 hours ago, fishbulb said:

Amen. The double speaking globalists make me sick.

Meanwhile, I'm here driving a Chevy like a true patriot and simultaneously trying to help the US secure the lead in electric vehicle production.

The Chevy is probably made in Mexico and the Japanese cars are probably built in the U.S.

I own a Ford SUV. Had to replace the transmission at 48,000 miles. Covered by warranty, but still. I have no clue what the consequences would be if a Toyota engineer allowed that to happen on one of their vehicles, but it would not be good.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

A couple of months ago there was a Trump caravan in Newport and like 80% of the cars were Japanese.  I chuckled not only because of the hypocrisy but also because it showed how poor these Trumpers were.

Oddly, most Japanese company cars are made in the US.  Where most US company cars are made in Canada and Mexico.