• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ramon Ortiz sad ending

Little did we know he was 24 when he struck out 225 batters in Low A... and 26 when he made his MLB debut.  Can't blame him for doing that, though, and it helped his career greatly.  Who knows if he ever would have made it otherwise.  One of my favorite Ramon Ortiz moments was him speaking after the World Series victory parade.  Don't know what he said, but he was clearly excited.  

It has to be hard for these guys to reach the end. Some of them go from being among the best in the business to being out of it in just a few years. Most of us can't sympathize with that because we continue to get better at our professions well past our 30s and 40s.

Also on ESPN if you look up his Career Stats. 

"Ortiz had an MRI that showed no tears in his injured elbow and he will be re-evaluated after swelling reduces, Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports. (about 2 days ago)"

Hope he gets another shot. But with how some guys are, he might be the type that just has a hard time saying good-bye. 

I understand this may be rough, but he DID win a World Series and has a ring. Something some people never get to do. 

I had no clue he was even still pitching.