• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Worst officiating call you can remember

Tank

The call (or non pass interference call) in the 2019 NFC championship game between the Rams and Saints was absolutely awful. It helped the Rams but I didn't want them to win that way. 

Also the Jim Joyce call was hideously awful, especially because of the effect it had. I'm glad he openly regretted it but how in the fuck did he miss that call? Dude was out by 2 full steps, easily. It wasn't even close.

The US/USSR gold medal basketball game ending in 1972 was disgraceful.   Give the Russian team THREE chances at the end?

Side note: Has anyone ever seen a referee count a basket that was neither goaltending nor went through the net?    LBSU had that happen to them in a 1988 MBB game on the road at San Jose St.   The ball clearly didn't go in, and clearly no goaltending.

Edited by Angel Oracle

11 minutes ago, sht1ckboy said:

Yeah this one got me pretty heated. I was 18 so I was a hothead and I literally jumped up and threw the remote control as hard as I could at the TV. Fortunately the TV didn't get damaged, but the remote shattered into several pieces. My dad wasn't impressed.

The absolute worst part is how he tried to justify the whole thing, yet there was endless tape showing he was full of shit.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Yeah this one got me pretty heated. I was 18 so I was a hothead and I literally jumped up and threw the remote control as hard as I could at the TV. Fortunately the TV didn't get damaged, but the remote shattered into several pieces. My dad wasn't impressed.

The absolute worst part is how he tried to justify the whole thing, yet there was endless tape showing he was full of shit.

Yep, that ball was clearly caught by Josh Paul, no way it hit the ground.    And then Ego Eddings' explanation was the final stench on top of the turd.     

I do not consider the '72 Olympics a "mistake." Those officials knew exactly what they were doing: whatever was necessary to guarantee a Soviet victory. But that's just my interpretation of the question. 

Colorado getting 5 downs to beat Missouri in 1990 was pretty special. That wasn't merely a bad judgment call made in the moment; the refs literally didn't know what down it was. 

2 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

I do not consider the '72 Olympics a "mistake." Those officials knew exactly what they were doing: whatever was necessary to guarantee a Soviet victory. But that's just my interpretation of the question. 

Colorado getting 5 downs to beat Missouri in 1990 was pretty special. That wasn't merely a bad judgment call made in the moment; the refs literally didn't know what down it was. 

The Rams got screwed against the Bears in a critical 1968 game that they needed to win to stay in contention to win the division.     

Rams had a first down at the Bears 32 yard line, almost in game winning FG range, being down a point.   Then an offensive holding call was made during an incomplete pass play, but even though the penalty was accepted by the Bears, the down marker stayed at 2nd down.   

Gabriel then threw three incomplete passes, and the Bears ran out the clock instead of Gabriel having one more pass attempt.   Yep, it should have been 4th down, and not change of possession.

Commish Pete Rozelle suspended the whole officiating crew for the last week of the season plus the playoffs.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2012-sep-26-la-sp-0927-nfl-bad-call-la-20120927-story.html 

16 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

The US/USSR gold medal basketball game ending in 1972 was disgraceful.   Give the Russian team THREE chances at the end?

Side note: Has anyone ever seen a referee count a basket that was neither goaltending nor went through the net?    LBSU had that happen to them in a 1988 MBB game on the road at San Jose St.   The ball clearly didn't go in, and clearly no goaltending.

I knew I could count on AO to deliver