• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Considering the 2020 starting pitcher free agent class

UndertheHalo

i think we need to take a major step forward to eliminate the whole "chance to win" argument.   Made the same argument last year, got told i was crazy, and im sure i will  again, but if youre premier FA who finally reached his chance to determine his own fate, would you got to a team thats below 500 for the decade?
WE dropped the ball by punting last year, big time, it may have cost us any real shot at Cole... we MUST take a step in '20 or it wont matter want we want in the FA class, clearly money alone isint the only indicator of anything anymore. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

i think we need to take a major step forward to eliminate the whole "chance to win" argument.   Made the same argument last year, got told i was crazy, and im sure i will  again, but if youre premier FA who finally reached his chance to determine his own fate, would you got to a team thats below 500 for the decade?
WE dropped the ball by punting last year, big time, it may have cost us any real shot at Cole... we MUST take a step in '20 or it wont matter want we want in the FA class, clearly money alone isint the only indicator of anything anymore. 

the only FA that i know took less was madbum. that's it. everybody else has taken the highest offer.

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

White Sox offered the most for Wheeler

ok, but i never saw that confirmed. there was one "source" in chicago who said that and it was never picked up by anybody else, as far as i ever saw, and their higher offer numbers were never reported either. 

it may be true, but i have serious doubts.

4 minutes ago, ukyah said:

ok, but i never saw that confirmed. there was one "source" in chicago who said that and it was never picked up by anybody else, as far as i ever saw, and their higher offer numbers were never reported either. 

it may be true, but i have serious doubts.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

Ryu is the last premier FA pitcher left in the market as we all know.  A question worth asking is whether the Angels are better off pursuing him aggressively or looking to the future for their next big pitching acquisition.  Around this time next year there’s a decent chance that these pitchers will be available in free agency. 

• Trevor Bauer (28 y/o)
  • James Paxton (31 y/o)
  • Robbie Ray (28 y/o)
  • Jose Quintana (30 y/o)
  • Marcus Stroman (28 y/o)
  • Masahiro Tanaka (31 y/o)
  • Jake Arrieta (33 y/o)

so how would we feel about possibly being out on these guys if the Angels give Ryu a big contract or take on a substantial portion of David Prices deal ?? (disaster.  terrible.  do not do)  There is the chance that the Angels could sign Ryu and still be aggressive for a pitcher next offseaon, but I think that would be far from clear.  My concern with Ryu is his health.  When healthy he’s obviously a top of the rotation type, though not a true ace.  I think the health concerns are particularly valid in his case.  

Trout isn't 22.  The tireless liberal of "wasting trout's prime years" is going to be a self fulfilling prophecy soon. 

I dont mind passing on Ryu but we need to create a lockdown oen if that's the case