• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Will Harris?

Angel Oracle

7 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Harris is a FA, and one of the elite late innings guys over the past 4-5 seasons.

Granted he’s age 34, doesn’t throw hard like Eppler prefers, and Eppler doesn’t like to shell out money for relievers.

Harris does have an elite spin rate though.

I was thinking about him as well AO.  That could be a good play coupled with another starter like a trade for Gray.  Even with the salary Harris would command, it would be less risky and cheaper than Ryu.  It also weakens a competitor, by not having him return some way to Houston, although they may have written him off.  I don't like the fact that Ryu is taking so long, but that could solely be Boras' ploy.  

We still need a catcher as well.  This is getting to be an interesting little puzzle.

20 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I was thinking about him as well AO.  That could be a good play coupled with another starter like a trade for Gray.  Even with the salary Harris would command, it would be less risky and cheaper than Ryu.  It also weakens a competitor, by not having him return some way to Houston, although they may have written him off.  I don't like the fact that Ryu is taking so long, but that could solely be Boras' ploy.  

We still need a catcher as well.  This is getting to be an interesting little puzzle.

Yes, multiple pieces could. be the way to go, I think there’s value I a 1b/OF bat if the budget allows.

Will Harris, Hector Rondon, Collin McHugh...I'd be open to signing any of these guys at this point. None of them should cost all that much. I like it because it also takes away a potential return to Houston. It forces them to fill that role by other means, either relying on an internal option or acquiring someone else. 

It could backfire - maybe the Astros get better, cheaper production from a rookie, maybe they acquire someone better - but it forces the Astros to do something to replace the player they lost via FA and perhaps that helps the Angels sooner rather than later.