• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This pitching staff

I think we should assign Ohtani as extra SP or RP for long relief, even if he can pitch great next year.

Then we can expect his Bat at the beginning, no need to worry about the run out of pitch number of SP.

For example,  June 14 case,  Heaney to Ohtani to Robles.

It may avoid Bullpen overwork and save Ohtani's innnings per year. 

Rays began the opener, let we start something new.

20 minutes ago, Bluegrampus said:

I think we should assign Ohtani as extra SP or RP for long relief, even if he can pitch great next year.

Then we can expect his Bat at the beginning, no need to worry about the run out of pitch number of SP.

For example,  June 14 case,  Heaney to Ohtani to Robles.

It may avoid Bullpen overwork and save Ohtani's innnings per year. 

Rays began the opener, let we start something new.

So you want him to bat less?

I think he should not pitch a lot next year for his elbow issue, at least ST to AS break.

I am not sure which way will be better for him,

SP or DH : Need 1day rest after his pitch, and in 2018, he required 1day for preparation. 

DH and RP :  Need 1day rest after his pitch, but he can be at bat till he pitch.

but assign Ohtani as SP may cause bad effect to SP rotation, I am afraid. 

3 hours ago, Bluegrampus said:

I think he should not pitch a lot next year for his elbow issue, at least ST to AS break.

I am not sure which way will be better for him,

SP or DH : Need 1day rest after his pitch, and in 2018, he required 1day for preparation. 

DH and RP :  Need 1day rest after his pitch, but he can be at bat till he pitch.

but assign Ohtani as SP may cause bad effect to SP rotation, I am afraid. 

I guess you don’t follow media updates. Pitching in relief doesn’t make his elbow ligament less likely to break. The Ohtani-pitching-in-relief idea isn’t remotely new. It has, however, been shut down by the team a number of times. Zero chance this happens. 

And since Ohtani using him as a reliever would only put him in for a few innings, when accounting for necessary off days, he’d hit even less than he would as a starter, his elbow wouldn’t be any the better for it, and we’d lose the DH every single game he did both. 

In other words, your plan is not great. To say the least.