• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Exciting and Interesting Times

T.G.

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys always get excited like this after the team wins a few games. Then they get 1 game below .500 and you all sport a half chub before the Angels then go on a 6 game losing streak.

I am not optimistic about this team at all. Let's see them get to .500 first, then we'll talk.

rachel dratch snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Better, let’s see where they are after the ASB. 

5 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

I wonder if Eppler will trade one. Puello getting 50+ PA and hopefully doing well gives him a touch of value. Or they could trade Goodwin and keep Puello as 4OF.

The Giants need outfielders,  I would like try to dump Upton eat his contract  give them Hermosillo, maybe get Mad Bum for the wildcard chase & play all the young guys! ??

5 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

You guys always get excited like this after the team wins a few games. Then they get 1 game below .500 and you all sport a half chub before the Angels then go on a 6 game losing streak.

Yep, that’s us alright.

It's June 1, the Angels are 3 games under .500, in 4th place.

Pretty much what I expected.

The fact that they are only 2 games out of the 2nd wild card is a good argument for going back to 1 wild card.

The flip side of the Angels being lousy is we get to see some of the kids.

2 hours ago, Jay said:

It's June 1, the Angels are 3 games under .500, in 4th place.

Pretty much what I expected.

The fact that they are only 2 games out of the 2nd wild card is a good argument for going back to 1 wild card.

The flip side of the Angels being lousy is we get to see some of the kids.

Angels have a legit shot at 2nd wildcard spot...Boston, Cleveland, Texas and Oakland are the others in for it and they all have issues too.

Starting pitching looking up with Canning doing well, Heaney back, Skaggs doing okay, Pina holding his own. Need Cahill or Harvey to right themselves and Saurez to be legit. Possibly Eppler picks up another arm via trade?

With JC and Middleton coming back the bullpen will get a shot in the arm it needs. Possibly Harvey goes to the pen?

Upton back soon will help the offense too.

So I'm optimistic we have a good shot at getting in the playoffs this year and be set up for better things next year.

Watching the kids has been fun, but I'm not going to be too excited until the team as a whole shows some growth.  We are still on track to have a similar record as before (if not worse) at a bit below .500.  I'm still looking for signs that they are going to be a winning ball club in the near future.

If you would have told me all of the offensive stats and none of the pitching stats would be what they are.  I'd think the Angels would be 10 games over .500.

It's been an interesting two months.   Great surprises with La Stella and Goodwin.  Long term, I'm encouraged.... with Fletcher and Canning, especially.   Short term?  I'm still hopeful.  They aren't going to let Harvey and Cahill continue to stink it up.  Maybe Suarez will stick. Regnifo's numbers aren't great, but I think he's gonna be a solid player. 

44 minutes ago, Kody Mac said:

I’d keep Goodwin over Puello. I don’t see Puello being able to handle CF in a pinch

it is a tough call for me.  Because Upton can handle CF in a pinch.  So in essence do you want a lefty on the bench to spell Upton or Trout or do you want a righty to spell Kole.  

I'm digging the way this team is shaping up, long term.  Lots of cheap, young talent doing well..... Ohtani, Fletcher, Canning, Rengifo.   Jo Adell and others may do the same before long.   Spend money on a starting pitcher next year, get Ohtani back on the mound.  

By no means is this year a done deal, either.

On 6/3/2019 at 5:07 AM, Stradling said:

it is a tough call for me.  Because Upton can handle CF in a pinch.  So in essence do you want a lefty on the bench to spell Upton or Trout or do you want a righty to spell Kole.  

ooooh.  I don't think so about Upton.  It would likely be Kole before Upton.  Did you know that Upton has played 6 games in CF his entire career?  

(Kole has played 4 ?)