• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ohtani to start throwing soon

Glen

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

This is directed at no one yet.  Pretty soon I expect this thread to be littered with AngelsWin doctors telling us that the Angels are doing something wrong with his rehab.  

it's going to be a while. they're currently occupied going balls to the wall doing heart surgeries 

4 hours ago, Kody Mac said:

My question is because I'm ignorant on the subject...

What does this mean? Are they saying he could potentially pitch this year or is this just natural progression of the rehab and he's still only going to be hitting?

No. He’s not going to pitch this year. 

But they want him to have a normal progression in his throwing rehab so he can pitch next year. 

I think they want to get him to 100 percent as a pitcher by the end of the season so he can have a rehab-free offseason. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

No. He’s not going to pitch this year. 

But they want him to have a normal progression in his throwing rehab so he can pitch next year. 

I think they want to get him to 100 percent as a pitcher by the end of the season so he can have a rehab-free offseason. 

I just realized that while he's rehabbing his arm, it's gonna mean fewer DH at bats.  So no pitching benefit for the team and he sits out for rest while Albert gets at bats.  

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

I think this means he will decrease his hitting workload during his rehab. I doubt it will reduce the amount he DHs during the regular season...........would it?

Then again, I guess this guy's MO is to hit less when he is asked to throw a baseball. 

I think he’s going to do only one new thing at a time. So when he throws for the first time, he won’t add anything to his hitting. However, he’s going to be past all the hitting milestones within a month (once he’s facing live pitching) so then it won’t really be an issue until he gets to throwing simulated games, which will probably be in September. And even then maybe they could just postpone them if the Angels are in the race and can’t lose his bat for a single game.