• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Madness!

Why in the hell, would this manager, in a game which is absolutely meaningless, put Cowart in as a DR for Ward in the Eighth?

Ward was due to come up in the ninth. He had gone 0 for 2 with an RBI and a  BB. 

Cowart as a DR in the ninth, we get. Why destroy the confidence of a rookie who is now at the top of every GM's list in the mlb, and whose numbers in both Double A and Triple A in the half year before being called up, actually dwarf even the great Trout's numbers in 2011, before his callup.

Is it incompetence, or has he just completely lost it?

6 minutes ago, Memories of 02 said:

Why in the hell, would this manager, in a game which is absolutely meaningless, put Cowart in as a DR for Ward in the Eighth?

Ward was due to come up in the ninth. He had gone 0 for 2 with an RBI and a  BB. 

Cowart as a DR in the ninth, we get. Why destroy the confidence of a rookie who is now at the top of every GM's list in the mlb, and whose numbers in both Double A and Triple A in the half year before being called up, actually dwarf even the great Trout's numbers in 2011, before his callup.

It was strategy.  

9 minutes ago, Memories of 02 said:

Link, please. 

I mean, I'm totally rooting for the guy. It's a great story. But that's a pretty strong statement, at least from the way I think you meant it to be interpreted. If you meant the "top of every GM's list" to be defined as "most likely to be the next Derek Zoolander" and not as a baseball phenom, my apologies. 

Just now, Scotty@AW said:

I'm curious about this "every GM's list in the league" thing. Like that can't be real. It's not like they get together and make a list together and collaborate.

Or maybe he knows something. 

I mean I'm sure 29 other teams would love to have him, but that goes for most young guys breaking into the bigs.

This seems to be begging for a @Tank reply. Perhaps after his GM symposium tomorrow? 

1 minute ago, 101halo said:

This seems to be begging for a @Tank reply. Perhaps after his GM symposium tomorrow? 

we're all meeting for lunch tomorrow at lou malnati's in chicago. i'll put taylor ward on the agenda.

we're also going to discuss the DH in the NL thing, and why joe madden was really the architect of the halos '02 championship run.

5 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

I'm curious about this "every GM's list in the league" thing. Like that can't be real. It's not like they get together and make a list together and collaborate.

Or maybe he knows something. 

I mean I'm sure 29 other teams would love to have him, but that goes for most young guys breaking into the bigs.

They just might. After all, it takes more than the 2 GMs to make a trade, so I can see this happening.