• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Royals (6/6/2018)

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

The thing about trading for an outfielder is what do they do with Kole? Does he become 4th outfielder when he is done with his phantom injury ? 

I would hope that is minor league rehab last long enough for him to figure it out.  If he figures it out he will be better than the bat we trade for so that person would be our 4th outfielder in my opinion.  

Just now, JarsOfClay said:

Can he possibly be worse than Calhoun or Young?

If Sosh is willing to give him consistent at bats out there than I’m not totally against it, we really don’t have anywhere to go but up from the offensive side of things. Based on the past I don’t think he can hit major league pitching but he also hasn’t been given consistent opportunities 

Just now, eligrba4ever said:

The Angels ain't trading for an outfielder. They are working to fix the one they have. His offseason adventure in altering his approach and launch angle backfired big time and now they are unwinding it.

I want them to acquire your typical fourth outfielder type of guy, someone who is having a decent season and can step in and give us more than .175 batting average and play a solid right fielder.  Then when Kole finds his way the new dude is our fourth outfielder.  

3 minutes ago, The Boogie Man said:

I want them to acquire your typical fourth outfielder type of guy, someone who is having a decent season and can step in and give us more than .175 batting average and play a solid right fielder.  Then when Kole finds his way the new dude is our fourth outfielder.  

Someone like Leonys Martin would work. He kinda sucks but if you squint real hard he’s the type of player that could be just good enough and just versatile enough to fit temporarily then be a good role player if everyone’s healthy. 

2 minutes ago, ADHB said:

Someone like Leonys Martin would work. He kinda sucks but if you squint real hard he’s the type of player that could be just good enough and just versatile enough to fit temporarily then be a good role player if everyone’s healthy. 

I literally just looked him up.  I was looking for guys on BAD teams.  He was one of the more intriguing names.  I can’t believe how many guys I haven’t heard of.  

3 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

In 164 at bats last year for the Padres, Blash hit .213, .333 OBP, 5HR, 6 doubles.  I'll take that.

He would probably do better with the Angels this year given the improvement in AAA stats from 2017 to 2018.

I was curious if Padres AAA affiliate was in the PCL too, so had to look them up. They are, so it's not just that he's in a better league for hitters. 

The main reason I replied was in this process, I discovered that the affiliate is the El Paso Chihuahuas. A name that must truly strike fear in the hearts of their opponents.