• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

Nice couple of rebound starts by Castillo.  3ip, 0er, 4k his last start and 5ip, 0er, 3k today.  1h and 3bb combined.  

Not sure if the velo is back up or not.  Scotty?  TBW?

Walsh with his 19th hr during a 3/5 day.  

Lund 5/8 with 3 doubles and a triple over his last two games after a 2/32 stretch.  

Rengifo 2/3, 2bb, sb, double.  9/1 sb/cs with 8 sbs in a row not getting caught.  I feel like he's getting better.  Is he getting better?  

Any thoughts on Tyler Stevens getting promoted to AAA soon.

He’s toying with AA hitters.

What kind of stuff does he have?

52/10 Ks/BBs and ERA just over 2.00 in 38 A/AA innings 

Only drafted a year ago out of UNM, and only age 22

Heck, SLC’s Jeremy Rhoades has to be a better option than TrainWreck McGuire and GopherBall Hansel!  37/7 Ks/BBs between AA/AAA

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

Nice couple of rebound starts by Castillo.  3ip, 0er, 4k his last start and 5ip, 0er, 3k today.  1h and 3bb combined.  

Not sure if the velo is back up or not.  Scotty?  TBW?

Walsh with his 19th hr during a 3/5 day.  

Lund 5/8 with 3 doubles and a triple over his last two games after a 2/32 stretch.  

Rengifo 2/3, 2bb, sb, double.  9/1 sb/cs with 8 sbs in a row not getting caught.  I feel like he's getting better.  Is he getting better?  

Sorry, I've got nothing. They haven't mentioned velo on the broadcasts and I never bother asking for velo readings when talking with folks unless it seems pertinent.

Last I heard on Castillo's velo was last year when he was promoted to AA, his fastball was hitting 94 pretty consistently for a few starts then at the end of the year he dialed back to 92-ish.

But I have to think thatif he's only hitting 86, there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Any thoughts on Tyler Stevens getting promoted to AAA soon.

He’s toying with AA hitters.

What kind of stuff does he have?

52/10 Ks/BBs and ERA just over 2.00 in 38 A/AA innings 

Only drafted a year ago out of UNM, and only age 22

Heck, SLC’s Jeremy Rhoades has to be a better option than TrainWreck McGuire and GopherBall Hansel!  37/7 Ks/BBs between AA/AAA

you're doing what I've been doing.  Combing the AA/AAA rosters looking for some glimmer of hope.  

there's no krod anywhere ao.  could Miguel Almonte help?  maybe.  Or Stevens or Rhoades or Luis Pena or Gatto if they converted them to relievers?  Or Canning or Suarez even.  

who knows at this point.  

Just now, Dochalo said:

you're doing what I've been doing.  Combing the AA/AAA rosters looking for some glimmer of hope.  

there's no krod anywhere ao.  could Miguel Almonte help?  maybe.  Or Stevens or Rhoades or Luis Pena or Gatto if they converted them to relievers?  Or Canning or Suarez even.  

who knows at this point.  

I actually like Almonte better as a starter.

6 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

Sorry, I've got nothing. They haven't mentioned velo on the broadcasts and I never bother asking for velo readings when talking with folks unless it seems pertinent.

Last I heard on Castillo's velo was last year when he was promoted to AA, his fastball was hitting 94 pretty consistently for a few starts then at the end of the year he dialed back to 92-ish.

But I have to think thatif he's only hitting 86, there's an issue that needs to be addressed.

I have a hard time believing the halos would allow Castillo to fumble around at AA if he was pumping 85-88 mph fastballs when he was hitting 94 previously.  such a precipitous drop would likely indicate an injury as opposed to something mechanical.  

8 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I have a hard time believing the halos would allow Castillo to fumble around at AA if he was pumping 85-88 mph fastballs when he was hitting 94 previously.  such a precipitous drop would likely indicate an injury as opposed to something mechanical.  

Just another thing that scout observed that has forced me to question what I'm reading. I'm not saying he's wrong, just like I'm not saying Longenhagen was wrong in regards to Maitan, but something isn't adding up.

My guess with the scout was that he saw Castillo on an off night where he sat 88-ish and was maybe exaggerating in the article. Because 92-94 is a good norm for him. 88 would be alarming but not the sort where you pull him and schedule an MRI. 

6 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

Just another thing that scout observed that has forced me to question what I'm reading. I'm not saying he's wrong, just like I'm not saying Longenhagen was wrong in regards to Maitan, but something isn't adding up.

My guess with the scout was that he saw Castillo on an off night where he sat 88-ish and was maybe exaggerating in the article. Because 92-94 is a good norm for him. 88 would be alarming but not the sort where you pull him and schedule an MRI. 

Castillo has been about 86-91 all season

3 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not according to Scotty, who said 92-94 is a good norm. So clearly something is wrong.

It's not that I don't trust Scotty's info, but I think some of these numbers get passed around and become real.  It would explain the precipitous drop in K's and increased number of bb's though.  

3 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Not according to Scotty, who said 92-94 is a good norm. So clearly something is wrong.

What I meant by good norm is that's where I felt he could feasibly reach. Again, I've watch him three times in the last couple years (twice last year in Stockton). First time was 88-90, second and third times he sat 91/92 for most of the night. 

But I've been told the gun at Stockton can run hot and cold. 

I just assumed that if I watched him twice in the same place a little more than a month apart and got the same readings, they must be pretty accurate.

So if you say he's throwing 87-91, I'll take your word for it, it's just not what I saw. 

5 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

What I meant by good norm is that's where I felt he could feasibly reach. Again, I've watch him three times in the last couple years (twice last year in Stockton). First time was 88-90, second and third times he sat 91/92 for most of the night. 

But I've been told the gun at Stockton can run hot and cold. 

I just assumed that if I watched him twice in the same place a little more than a month apart and got the same readings, they must be pretty accurate.

So if you say he's throwing 87-91, I'll take your word for it, it's just not what I saw. 

Not questioning that he was 91-92 on any given night. You would also project his velocity to jump a tick or two but his frame still never physically developed into what they figured. It looks like if he grows into more velocity, it's only going to be 90-93, which is something many figured would be the case. The reports I've gotten this year are pretty poor.