• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

I'd definitely keep Canning and Suarez in AA for another month or two, maybe promote to AAA around the ASB. At the very latest we'll probably see them in September, but if one or both look really good in AAA we'll see them sooner as the Angels will want them eligible for the postseason.

29 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I'd definitely keep Canning and Suarez in AA for another month or two, maybe promote to AAA around the ASB. At the very latest we'll probably see them in September, but if one or both look really good in AAA we'll see them sooner as the Angels will want them eligible for the postseason.

They will be eligible no matter when they are promoted, as they are in the organization currently.  I believe the rule is they have to be part of the organization by the end of August 31st.  Hence, you can’t sign an outside player after that deadline and put him on the postseason roster, but you can definitely put a prospect on the postseason roster.

This is famously how we were able to include K-Rod in 2002.

42 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Jahmai Jones hasn't been killing it with the bat, but one good sign is that his walk rate is going up: he's walked 21 times in 35 games, or a 13.2% rate, up from roughly 8-9% the rest of his minor league career.

Actually over his last 64 PAs he's hitting .309/.406/.436, so he's coming along quite nicely. The batting average and OBP are clearly there, I expect him to drive the ball more soon.

3 hours ago, Warfarin said:

I'd prefer them continue along their current trajectory.  I think what I have seen other teams do recently is keep them as SP through the end of July/beg August, then transition into the pen.  While our big league club needs some help right now, I want our prospects to continue their future development, as we are going to be relying on those guys for many years to come.

When I say sooner - I mean July.   So nothing right now.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

Yep...  let them get their innings in and get their work in.

33 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

What do you folks thing about Ray Durham as a comp for Jones? Durham hit .277/.352/.436 with 30-30 SB and 15-20 HR as a second baseman from 1995-2008. I could see something like that from Jones, with peak seasons in the .290+/.800+ range.

Thats a pretty interesting comp.   Durham didn't show any real power until his final season of MiLB.   The Angels would be over the moon if they could get Ray Durham level OBP out of Jam.

Jo Adell checks in at number 2 on BA's latest "Top MLB Prospects Hot Sheet"

2. Jo Adell, OF, Angels
Team: low Class A Burlington (Midwest)
Why He’s Here: .407/.484/1.037 (11-for-27), 6 R, 2 2B, 5 HR, 10 RBIs, 4 BB, 4 SO, 1-for-2 SB

The Scoop: Adell is flashing the signals of a potential cornerstone player. He’s strong, extremely athletic and has premium tools in his speed, power and arm strength. Going into his senior year of high school, there were questions about Adell’s bat, but the improvements he has made since then have translated into pro ball, with Adell hitting .326/.398/.611 through 25 games. (BB)

4 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

The Angels could pull what they did with Chuck Finley when he first came up for the stretch run with both of these guys, or at least just Suarez. 

Yep, and Finley should have pitched the 11th inning of ALCS game 5 in 1986, as Donnie Moore had to be gassed after pitching part of the 9th and all of the 10th.   Maybe the Halos get to the WS that year.

anyone want a good laugh? From page 15-20s, Reds fans discuss trade scenarios involving our prospects.  http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?115770-The-Trade-Thread/page16

My favorite ones - Iglesias and Harvey for Andrew Heaney, Jo Adell, Michael Hermosillo, Taylor Ward and Jaime Barria or Scooter Genette for Adell, Maitan and hermosillo

And if that is indeed the case....

1. So much for Marsh being a half season ahead of Adell

2. Jones, Marsh and Adell on the same team!!! Imagine if they all made it to the majors together. Huge injection of talent.

3. Perhaps Thaiss to AAA means a move at the major league level is incoming. That's a lot of 1B on one roster in AAA otherwise.

4. Or maybe JMF is hurt, but hasn't been placed on the DL yet. Just mysterious to be pulled in the middle of the game like that.

5. Thaiss' power would really play up in AAA.

6. Perhaps the Angels intend to have Thaiss at 1B later this season. 

7. Poor Taylor Ward and Zach Houchins.

8. Adell's power could play up in the Cal league too I guess.

9. Adell might be in AA at age 20, with Marsh and Jones at 21.