• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The first #Angels pitching injury of the spring.

2 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

There goes any thought of Ohtani starting the season in AAA........if there ever was any, outside of AW. Or maybe Bridwell starts on the 25M roster.

Heaney's too tall and thin. All pitchers should be shaped like fireplug-Greg Maddux; short and squat. Shorter, thicker arm muscles.

Pitchers should be shorter to help avoid injuries?  Have you really thought this one through?

What kind of insane strain would there be on the joints of a 5'8" pitcher to hit mid 90s in velocity versus a smooth toss from a 6'6" guy?

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

#Angels Andrew Heaney said he’s not concerned about this elbow issue. He’s not sure when he’ll be cleared to pitch though. But already feels better.

Aww, he feels better. Soon we'll be hearing about an outstanding bullpen session, followed by his enrollment in the witness protection program.

2 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Pitchers should be shorter to help avoid injuries?  Have you really thought this one through?

What kind of insane strain would there be on the joints of a 5'8" pitcher to hit mid 90s in velocity versus a smooth toss from a 6'6" guy?

Did Maddux ever hit the mid-90s EVER? 

He never really needed to............

Movement and control. That's the secret to a long, relatively injury-free career.

Oh, and having a homeplate that was six inches wider, in the eyes of the umps. :)

30 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Movement and control. That's the secret to a long, relatively injury-free career.

Oh, and having a homeplate that was six inches wider, in the eyes of the umps. :)

Tell that to Nolan Ryan and Randy Johnson

17 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

But Greg Maddux getting people out at 90 mph, arguably the best PITCHER (not thrower) I have ever seen is not an exception?

He IS/WAS the best pitcher I have ever seen. I should have added mixing speeds, movement and control.

And he held runners on pretty good. And he could handle the bat. And he was a GREAT fielder for a pitcher. The most complete pitcher I ever saw.

And he got lots of favorable strike calls. No doubt about it.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Did you ever see Koufax pitch?

Yes. In person three times. He was dominant twice and got shelled once (did not make it out of the first).

Many times on TV, almost always against the Giants with Mays, McCovey, etc. Back in the 60s, the Dodger TV affiliate only broadcast away games from Candlestick. The NBC game of the week on Saturday always seemed to be an East Coast team, probably because of the time zones. So, West Coast teams were rarely on.

Then, there were the WS games, but many were in the daytime and I was in school, listening on a transistor radio, when I could.

Koufax was the most dominant pitcher I ever saw, slightly ahead of Gibson. Pedro might be third. But, growing up in SoCal, Koufax was my favorite player. Koufax and, strangely enough, Clemente.

Koufax was often wild, especially early on. Koufax averaged 3.2 BB/9, Johnson 3.3/9 and Ryan averaged a whopping 4.7 BB/9.

Maddux averaged 1.8 BB/9. He had many seasons where he averaged 1.5 or less.

If I wanted a pitcher to start a game 7 of the WS, it would be Maddux. Those other guys, if their speed or control were off, they could get beat. Even if Maddux didnt have his best stuff, you were gonna be in the game. He was certainly the SMARTEST pitcher I ever saw.

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, WeatherWonk said:

Livan Hernandez in the 1997 NLDS?   Eric Gregg = his best friend.