• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Come on down Moustakas!

19 hours ago, DMVol said:

I think I would ask my agent, “How do you gauge the market? Are we likely to get more if we wait awhile or should we strongly consider this?”

I'm pretty sure monkey was in that meeting and his version is exactly how it went. It's a word for word transcription. Totally The player's fault on this one.

I know the Angels just denied they offered that, but we all know they just want to make Boras look like he didn't make a mistake.

55 minutes ago, eaterfan said:

I'm pretty sure monkey was in that meeting and his version is exactly how it went. It's a word for word transcription. Totally The player's fault on this one.

I know the Angels just denied they offered that, but we all know they just want to make Boras look like he didn't make a mistake.

Ha ha. You reply with an attempt at a smart ass response yet you and I have the same amount of information about the Moustakas/boras offseason

And the winner of the 2018 MLB offseason's most bullshit comment goes to..  Mike Bullshitalkas....

Look at this pile of steaming hot crap..  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22716892/after-slow-free-agent-market-mike-moustakas-re-signs-kansas-city-royals

""It feels like I never left," he said. "It feels great to be back home. I'm excited to be back with the organization I grew up with. I got to see some familiar faces. It's always great to come into a clubhouse and everybody give you a hug. To have an opportunity to come back to Kansas City and play baseball again, it was a no-doubter, a no-brainer for me."

It's rare to see such brazen BS outside of the political sphere...

2 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

And the winner of the 2018 MLB offseason's most bullshit comment goes to..  Mike Bullshitalkas....

Look at this pile of steaming hot crap..  http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/22716892/after-slow-free-agent-market-mike-moustakas-re-signs-kansas-city-royals

""It feels like I never left," he said. "It feels great to be back home. I'm excited to be back with the organization I grew up with. I got to see some familiar faces. It's always great to come into a clubhouse and everybody give you a hug. To have an opportunity to come back to Kansas City and play baseball again, it was a no-doubter, a no-brainer for me."

It's rare to see such brazen BS outside of the political sphere...

To be fair, I think I recall KC never showed any interest in offering any sort of contract until just now. So, he may have been fine with returning and felt that way, but KC didn't - at least after the QO offer.

23 hours ago, totdprods said:

To be fair, I think I recall KC never showed any interest in offering any sort of contract until just now. So, he may have been fine with returning and felt that way, but KC didn't - at least after the QO offer.

Boras indicated that Moustakas would not accept one even before FA started...  It's all moot.. but someone wanting to return to his former team doesn't wait until two weeks into ST...   and they don't turn down a QO when it's offered...

21 hours ago, eaterfan said:

Why would we care about how Boras comes off looking? If we did, I would put my money on the exact opposite. Arte has no love for Boras 

Edited by Lou

On 3/9/2018 at 1:37 PM, WeatherWonk said:

So, Moose is going to be playing for LESS money than Valbuena?

Now, Valbuena really looks like an overpay. But who knew?

Once these late-spring, panic signings sink in on front offices and players, a four year contract is going to be considered too long, next year. Why sign someone early when you can pick up overstock at Dollar Tree for pennies on the dollar?

More importantly, it means that there are still pitchers out there RIGHT NOW, that may take a short contract. We need to be in on this, with the uncertainty with our staff.

Dollar Tree is the sh*t.

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

Dollar Tree is the sh*t.

Well, it beats the shit out of Dollar General.

But they are all dumpster diving places. I cant stand the creepy clientele and the stoopid check out personnel in most of them, when my wife drags me into one.

Hey, I think I just called my wife creepy.....................

On 3/9/2018 at 4:37 PM, WeatherWonk said:

....More importantly, it means that there are still pitchers out there RIGHT NOW, that may take a short contract. We need to be in on this, with the uncertainty with our staff.

I've been in the camp not to sign a pitcher but I'm starting to wonder about Arrieta or Cobb....I know the luxury tax is a problem but just not sure about our starters....depth is great but only if your guys can produce....Bite the bullet and go 4/80 on Arrieta if you could get it done?  It would mess not only with the luxury tax but ability to make a trade in July and the payroll for the next few years....but I don't know...I'd be tempted...

33 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

Well, it beats the shit out of Dollar General.

But they are all dumpster diving places. I cant stand the creepy clientele and the stoopid check out personnel in most of them, when my wife drags me into one.

Hey, I think I just called my wife creepy.....................

Ha. I was about to say that before I got to the end of your post.

You definitely have to know what you are going in to buy before you enter the store. Gift bags (I'm not pay $5 for one), greeting cards, etc

and the best item ever....

dust pan with a vertical pole attached. 

Edited by Lou

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Ha. I was about to say that before I got to the end of your post.

You definitely have to know what you are going in to buy before you enter the store. Gift bags (I'm not pay $5 for one), greeting cards, etc

and the best item ever....

dust pan with a vertical pole attached. 

There is probably no better deal in the history of Western Civilization;  yes, even better than the deal the Royals got for Moose, than buying greeting cards at Dollar Tree.

9 hours ago, WeatherWonk said:

There is probably no better deal in the history of Western Civilization;  yes, even better than the deal the Royals got for Moose, than buying greeting cards at Dollar Tree.

we had a dry cleaners here in town that called and promoted themselves as the "dollar cleaners." had them clean a necktie and it cost 1.50. when i pointed out that they're the DOLLAR cleaners, the owner just shrugged and said "eh, that's more of a guideline than a rule."