• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels' $70-Million Homebody

Chuck

Nice read. 

Off topic, but if youve ever been to a place like what was described, it is pretty eye opening. Some of my best memories come from 'shitty' third world places. Where there isnt a whole lot there, but the people and laid back vibe are a nice change of pace, and makes you reevaluate things.

Just now, Dave Saltzer said:

What a great signing and addition he was. He was always one of the few players I coveted from another team, and I'm so glad we got to see him play. Can you imagine how much he would get in today's market? With this slow offseason, it is an interesting comparison for players like Hosmer and JDM. 

Same here. He and nomar were the 2 I always rooted for that werent angels. Couldnt believe it when we signed him.

14 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Same here. He and nomar were the 2 I always rooted for that werent angels. Couldnt believe it when we signed him.

That would be an interesting thread of players whom we, as fans coveted. I use that word specifically to mean more than just really wanting or hoping that we would get. I'd be interested in seeing whom others on here coveted. 

48 minutes ago, Dave Saltzer said:

That would be an interesting thread of players whom we, as fans coveted. I use that word specifically to mean more than just really wanting or hoping that we would get. I'd be interested in seeing whom others on here coveted. 

Agreed. I normally dont pull for "the enemy". But some guys are hard not to cheer. Not just talent, bht likeability. Like im sure trout has fans from every team.

As for the current players, guys like altuve. Hes a stud, but his height and background give him an additional cool factor.

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Reagins was such a dumbass letting him go to Texas. Then he paid Matsui more which was even more of an insult.

I remember people on here down about vlad towards the end. Never understood it. Yes, he was past prime, but he was still a decent hitter with pop

And i always felt like he "earned" his right to get old and retire here. Aside from the world series, and before trout, vlad was the biggest thing to happen for this franchise (to be fair im too young to have a take on nolan ryan).

That bounceback year he had in texas didnt help at all. Literally the beginning of the downfall for this team in terms of bad moves.

Not getting beltre still being the biggest mistake (of that era).