• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

September Call Ups!!!????

Ochocinco!

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Pennington is still a utility player. Cowart will have to hit ... he'll still get the lions share of starts imo. 

It's always possible the pull the trigger on a second baseman today. 

Yup, especially if Escobar is still hurting (lifted from rehab game last night) I could see a deal for a 2B/3B. 

Brandon Phillips still would make sense.

I do think/hope they're exploring a vet stater and a lefty reliever. With Ramirez hurting and Scribner not totally selling it, we may need some vet depth still.

I could see Mike Morin, Eduardo Paredes, Noe Ramirez, Daniel Wright, Carlos Perez, Nolan Fontana, and Jefry Marte as all real possibilities. Pounders, since he has been sent down, has 0 earned runs and a .150 Batting Average Against with decent peripherals so I'm not as sure he'll get DFA'd as Fletcher but Jeff knows more than I do. He is just a reliever after all.

Other potential call-ups could include Lamb as was suggested since he is out of options next year and will need to stick somewhere, possibly in the bullpen if he doesn't continue to improve his rotation results (which he has been a bit). Maybe Vicente Campos too later in the month if he shows improvement. Nate Smith might finally be added as well (need lefties as tots pointed out). Banuelos too as a reliever. Finally I could see, despite his struggles, Sherman Johnson called up too, potentially. Some of these would require some creativity with the 40-man.

8 minutes ago, ettin said:

I could see Mike Morin, Eduardo Paredes, Noe Ramirez, Daniel Wright, Carlos Perez, Nolan Fontana, and Jefry Marte as all real possibilities. Pounders, since he has been sent down, has 0 earned runs and a .150 Batting Average Against with decent peripherals so I'm not as sure he'll get DFA'd as Fletcher but Jeff knows more than I do. He is just a reliever after all.

Other potential call-ups could include Lamb as was suggested since he is out of options next year and will need to stick somewhere, possibly in the bullpen if he doesn't continue to improve his rotation results (which he has been a bit). Maybe Vicente Campos too later in the month if he shows improvement. Nate Smith might finally be added as well (need lefties as tots pointed out). Banuelos too as a reliever. Finally I could see, despite his struggles, Sherman Johnson called up too, potentially. Some of these would require some creativity with the 40-man.

I don't think Nate is pitching at all still though. Not sure what's up with him but if he doesn't get healthy before end of year I honestly think he may start showing up on the 40-man bubble.

20 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I don't think Nate is pitching at all still though. Not sure what's up with him but if he doesn't get healthy before end of year I honestly think he may start showing up on the 40-man bubble.

Yes you're correct I had misread something that led me to believe he had just started pitching again. So yeah definitely not getting called up probably although I don't think they'd knock him off unless the injury is worse than it appears.

4 hours ago, DMVol said:

@Jeff Fletcher:  I get Long (lefthanded) but what is the appeal of Wright?  His numbers have been pretty bad at SLC....H to IP is bad, K's not particularly impressive: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?sid=t561&player_id=642229#/career/R/pitching/2017/ALL

The appeal of Wright is he can soak up innings. Last night, for example, the reason they had to leave Bridwell in as long as they did was because they had no Chavez, so no real long reliever. Once you open the door and start using up one-inning relievers, they go quickly. Now, granted, it's not as much of an issue in September when you have 8-9 one-inning guys down there, but still, every inning that Wright can suck up in a game you're going to lose is one more day of rest for a guy who might be able to help you win tomorrow.

I just have a feeling they will bring up Barria tomorrow. There's just too many injuries right now in the starting rotation to not give a guy like Barria or to a lesser extent Lamb a shot. 

Richards should get at the very least 2 more starts in AAA they shouldn't rush him back and force it to be a "bullpen" game so give these guys a chance to make a name for themselves.