• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Indians (7/25/17) - Cowart playing 2B, batting 9th

Chuck

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:
1. Yunel Escobar (R) 3B
2. Mike Trout (R) CF
3. Albert Pujols (R) DH
4. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
5. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
6. Luis Valbuena (L) 1B
7. Ben Revere (L) LF
8. Martin Maldonado (R) C
9. Kaleb Cowart (S) 2B

P: Jesse Chavez

I'm usually a defender of Scioscia, but I have to wonder why CJ is not playing first tonight:

For the month of July: (yes sample size)

19 AB's - .368/.429.737/1.165

Valbuena:

43 AB's - .186/.205/.512/.716

I'm just of tired of Valbuena as I was of Espinosa

1 minute ago, HaloNArizona said:

I'm usually a defender of Scioscia, but I have to wonder why CJ is not playing first tonight:

For the month of July: (yes sample size)

19 AB's - .368/.429.737/1.165

Valbuena:

43 AB's - .186/.205/.512/.716

I'm just of tired of Valbuena as I was of Espinosa

Sosh digs the long ball and Valbuena has crushed 4 in his past 13 games.

3 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Which is a dumb reason. 

You start your best option to win a game, not because he hits oppo the pitchers throwing arms.

Scioscia has been doing this since the beginning of time. The earliest instance I can remember is him refusing to bat Juan Rivera against RHP, even though Rivera had better stats against RHP than LHP. I'm pretty sure Jeff DaVanon was the platoon buddy.

The thing that gets me about the whole platoon heavy ideology is that it really to me takes the actually job of management out of the game.  Its become a crutch.   Oh well we have to play the lefty righty thing or were doing it wrong... as opposed to a manager going with the hot hand or his gut or actually you know.. managing.  
Its like if they dont do it and it doesnt work they have to answer a lot of stupid questions.  
Its making the game robotic in a sense, and im not sure i like that aspect of it today. 

GO ANGELS!! Go Jesse Chavez!!

Make it three straight wins on the road back to .500 and beyond!

Go Luis Valbuena! i just heard Roger say that 10 of your 94 career home runs have given leads or wins after the seventh inning. Only Drew Stubbs and some other guy I just forgot have a better proportion.

Go Yunel, Mike, Albert, Kole, Simba, Ben, Machete and Kaleb!

Score runs and begin a Cleveland sweep!!!

LET'S GET A WIN!!!

27 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Scioscia has been doing this since the beginning of time. The earliest instance I can remember is him refusing to bat Juan Rivera against RHP, even though Rivera had better stats against RHP than LHP. I'm pretty sure Jeff DaVanon was the platoon buddy.

Mike Sciascia's original sin.