• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 6/1 Twins vs. Angels

Chuck

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I know you can't watch in Oregon but Cron had been playing very good defense. Marte hasn't played well at any position, plus he can't his way out of a wet paper bag this year.

I was pulling for Cron. But he can't get going for months at a time. Marte is .181 this year in 40-odd games. Cron is .232. Don't go overboard about what Cron is doing in the PCL. That's like a 20-year-old high school freshman in a Texas JV football game. In a half-season last year, Marte had 15 homers and hit .252. Cron hit 16 bombs for the Halos in 2015 and 2016 in under 500 plate appearances each season. They were the second most he has hit at any level. He hit 27 for the 66ers in 2012 and hasn't been close since.

6 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

I was pulling for Cron. But he can't get going for months at a time. Marte is .181 this year in 40-odd games. Cron is .232. Don't go overboard about what Cron is doing in the PCL. That's like a 20-year-old high school freshman in a Texas JV football game. In a half-season last year, Marte had 15 homers and hit .252. Cron hit 16 bombs for the Halos in 2015 and 2016 in under 500 plate appearances each season. They were the second most he has hit at any level. He hit 27 for the 66ers in 2012 and hasn't been close since.

MARTE SUCKS. Cron plays better defense and hits better.

23 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He was hitting better than Kole and wasn't getting regular ABs. He needs to play everyday to stay sharp. Last year he hit .278/.325/.467 with 16 HR in 116 games.

A lot of Players are hitting better than cold Calhoun 

we havs 4 1st basemen , Cron is the odd man out . I'm ok with that 

5 minutes ago, nando714 said:

A lot of Players are hitting better than cold Calhoun 

we havs 4 1st basemen , Cron is the odd man out . I'm ok with that 

I'm not he is better than either of them at the plate. He is streaky and when he gets hot he can carry a team for a week or two. He just needs regular AB.

27 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I know you can't watch in Oregon but Cron had been playing very good defense. Marte hasn't played well at any position, plus he can't his way out of a wet paper bag this year.

I have to challenge the "very good defense" description. He was not embarrassing himself like last season. He was somewhat adequate. But I think what might have been one of his last defensive plays before he was sent down involved an E-3 because he couldn't get his feet in the right place.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I'm not he is better than either of them at the plate. He is streaky and when he gets hot he can carry a team for a week or two. He just needs regular AB.

He was getting regular AB before his injury

he always tears it up in the minors and is bellow avg-avg up in the bigs.

if he's back up here then he is. Our offense sucks anyway. He's not gonna be the difference maker 

10 hours ago, eligrba4ever said:

I have to challenge the "very good defense" description. He was not embarrassing himself like last season. He was somewhat adequate. But I think what might have been one of his last defensive plays before he was sent down involved an E-3 because he couldn't get his feet in the right place.

Like I said on game day you can't see the plays he has made. Have you seen Marte try to handle a pick off throw pitiful. Cron plays better than Marte at 1B. Hits better also. Now that Escobar is back no need for 3 3B man.

5 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Like I said on game day you can see the plays he has made. Have you seen Marte try to handle a pick off throw pitiful. Cron plays better than Marte at 1B. Hits better also. Now that Escobar is back no need for 3 3B man.

I use GameDay a lot. But i watch games that are available. Every game we've played against Seattle. Some fox games. I know what i've seen from Cron. And I watched nearly every game the previous two seasons Cron has been a regular.

They have a DH (Albert) and 2 first basemen in Valbuena and Marte. They have Escobar and Pennington or Marte/Valbuena at third. Cron has no flexibility.