• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Former Angel players thread

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Maybe he has a close relative that works for the NSA

Dude..  Look at his picture....   You've seen/read the "Florida Man" memes and Twitter account...   Mathis is from FL.  If that dude shows up holding a bat and asking for a job -- no way you say no.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:12 AM, Stradling said:

At some point it is what it is with Mathis.  None of us are in major league clubhouses.  None of us truly understand the catcher pitcher relationship at that level where everyone can throw 90+ and the line between failure and success is very very small.  If he keeps getting jobs and managers continue to sing his praise, perhaps it's a real life thing.  The very best talent evaluators in the world give him contracts, there has to be a real reason that doesn't show up in a batters box.  

I can say this. I scratch my head as much as anyone on here. His numbers blow me away that he lasted this long.

That said, he was adored by the whole angels org. It wasnt scioscia. The pitchers, both starters and RPs swore by him. And i know when he was the marlins, they thought he was critical to the team and talked about him staying the rest of his career.

Again, i dont get it. You dont get it. But theres a reason a guy with such a seemingly poor skill set is still in MLB after this many years.

On May 24, 2017 at 1:44 PM, fan_since79 said:

Say what you want about Mathis, but it's an impressive achievement to parlay a 1.0 career WAR into $13.7 million in salary.

Mathis has never had consecutive seasons where he hit over .200 in his entire career.

$13.7 MILLION 

Unfuckinbelievable