• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mets weighed walking Trout with bases loaded

The New York Mets, facing the prospect of another late-inning bullpen meltdown, actually considered giving Mike Trout the Barry Bonds treatment.

Mets manager Terry Collins acknowledged that he "absolutely" thought about intentionally walking Trout with the bases loaded in the ninth inning of Saturday's game.

The Mets entered the inning with a five-run lead, but the Angels scored two runs and faced a 7-4 deficit with Trout coming to the plate with no outs and the bases loaded.

"The first thought is, I'd almost try to walk this guy [rather] than pitch to him," Collins told reporters.

Ultimate respect move IMO

I actually thought they might just do it rather than be burned. In the end the Mets came out on top, they did give a run but recorded an out. Considering it was Trout they won that round. 

I would have pinch hit Pujols for Espinosa with two out and see if he couldn't pull off a Kirk Gibson home run then deal with whatever you had to defensively in the bottom of the 9th. At least it would have been a pull out all the stops to win a game rather than watch Espinosa piss away another plate appearance.