• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

An incredible Welsh boys choir

Only Boys Aloud is a 100-plus member choir made up of boys aged 14-19 from the south valleys of Wales. This area has a lot of unemployment and severe economic issues, and there is a tendency for their youth to descend into drug and alcohol abuse. I have friends who live in this part of the country, and I have spent time there among the people - among the friendliest and most welcoming people I have encountered in my travels. I ran across this video while watching Britain's Got Talent videos.

The song is Calon Lan, a hymn that you won't understand a word of (it's in Welsh), but the performance is amazing.

http://www.aloud.cymru

2 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

One of my Welsh friends said that a lot of the kids involved in this were disconnected from the educational system, and they were headed toward doing nothing productive with their lives before getting involved with the choir.

that makes their story even more compelling. kudos to the director.

Male-only choirs are a national tradition throughout Wales. In Port Talbot, the small coastal town where most of our friends there live, we attended a performance of the town choir. Port Talbot's choir is pretty good, but not as good as these kids. We bought a CD from the Port Talbot group when we were last in the UK.