• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

I've got to give the Fat Man credit

1 hour ago, Scotty@AW said:

Is that a Stewie Griffin reference? 

I'd rather the team find a shut down 7th and 8th inning option versus using Bedrock for 5 outs, but April wins are worth as much as September wins. The Angels are going to need to do that 85 more times this year to get to the dance.

I'd agree. You can get away with it regularly in the post season, but over the course of 162, you want some more reliable options

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

holly shit we're 4-2. Bedrosian is a beast.

I know it is still only the first week of the season, but we are alone in first place. How long has it been since we could make that claim, 2 1/2 to 3 years? All during the off season I kept reading or watching on TV, just how terrible our bullpen is.

We will go as far as our pitching will allow, so far so good. Our defense is solid, the only exception is Escobar's arm. Simmons is amazing, and Cron even looks like a different player, he is making great plays on a daily basis.

The team is looking pretty darn good so far.

In '87, Cam's dad won the CYA pitching 89 innings over 65 games. That same year Eckersly pitch 115 innings over 52 relief appearances and 2 starts. 2 years later is when LaRussa decided he would use him almost exclusively as a one inning guy to protect leads.That's when it changed.

So, it's been 3 decades. Maybe all the data that's been collected in the past decade has made some teams decide there's a better way. Maybe MLB will come up with a new stat so the best relievers can have something to take to the bargaining table besides the save.