• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Marte hits HR from his knees in today's split-squad game

KevinJ14

1 minute ago, CALZONE said:

Not real sure but I think Eppler tried to move Escobar but had no takers.

Unfortunately every team is set at 3B. I don't think he's got the range to be a 2B or SS, so it's 3B or bust. It's going to take an injury to a team's 3B that has little to no depth at the position to take him on in a trade. 

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

Unfortunately every team is set at 3B. I don't think he's got the range to be a 2B or SS, so it's 3B or bust. It's going to take an injury to a team's 3B that has little to no depth at the position to take him on in a trade. 

Yeah that's unfortunate because Escobar would be the perfect player to move for an arm.

As I pointed out at the end of last season (let me pat myself on the back a bit more here) Marte had the best rate of at-bats per home run on the team, albeit in a limited sample size. I'm on the bandwagon. If they can't give him regular AB then keep him going at Salt Lake until someone gets injured and then let him win or lose a position.

36 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Soon. 

Fully confident that Marte will be an everyday player on this team by ST next year. I don't expect Escobar to make it through July without being dealt or cut, and we'd be foolish to expect Pujols, Cron, and Valbuena to remain healthy during that span as well. 

Maintain the depth for now.

Marte had a very encouraging 2016 campaign ... still not sold on him with only a little over 300 ML at bats in his career. 

The 2017 free agents available for third base is very thin. I'll be rooting for Marte's development  as a future starting player. 

He's showing signs that he can make adjustments; improving plate discipline, hitting RHP better and evening his platoon splits, rebounding from cold snaps, maintaining production with sporadic playing time....let him build on that at SLC if he isn't starting Inn Anaheim. 

We will need him sooner rather than later.

29 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think Marte has put a focus on discipline this spring. He has walked double the amount of times in previous springs in less games.

He has 8 walks to 4 strikeouts.

.306/.433/.551

Yeah, spring training stats, but good lord this guy needs to start.

Seriously! 

I'd even move Escobar for a fringe prospect at this point just so we can get Marte's bat in the lineup.