• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 Top 20 Angels Prospects - John Sickels

Angelsjunky

Gotta say, I really like our top ten. If that group takes a step forward developmentally in the next year or two, our farm could look really good in a hurry.  He seems very high on Marsh, Rodriguez, Long, and Williams, which is a good thing. Sickels is pretty damn solid. 

2018 is thrown around a lot on here, but note Sickels' ETA for a lot of these guys - 2021. A lot of us have hoped that the org is eyeing building a strong team from the bigs through the farm to appeal to Trout to stay long-term, and that list supports that idea.

2021 lineup:

C Taylor Ward (27)

1B Matt Thaiss (25)

2B Nonie Williams (22)

SS Andrelton Simmons (31)

3B Bernie Sanders (79)

LF Jahmai Jones (22)

CF Mike Trout (29)

RF Brandon Marsh (22)

DH Kole Calhoun (33)

DH could also be CJ Cron. 2021 will be Albert's last year, but my guess is that he isn't playing much by then, if at all.

43 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

2021 lineup:

C Taylor Ward (27)

1B Matt Thaiss (25)

2B Nonie Williams (22)

SS Andrelton Simmons (31)

3B Bernie Sanders (79)

LF Jahmai Jones (22)

CF Mike Trout (29)

RF Brandon Marsh (22)

DH Kole Calhoun (33)

DH could also be CJ Cron. 2021 will be Albert's last year, but my guess is that he isn't playing much by then, if at all.

Bernie BALL!!!

5 hours ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

So what I'm seeing is we have no more Mike Trouts in the pipeline?

1) Mike Trout, OF, Grade B+: On overall upside potential, has to rank number one but although I'd love additional performance data about his power development. A bit of a risk, but the upside is outstanding.

our #2 prospect on that list was Conger.  Also got a B+.  Trevor Reckling was a B at #3.  

He's merely handicapping.  I know you were joking, but in all likelihood, there are no Mike Trout's in anyone's system.  

Could Brandon Marsh, Nonie Williams, or Jahmai Jones end up superstars?  Maybe.  

A lot of the C+ grades are for really young and raw prospects which is nice to see for a change instead of a bunch of 22 yo college seniors in rookie ball and low A.  Chiris Rodriguez is my guy to make the biggest jump this year.  

There are also now several guys in the also rans list that will contribute at the major league level in some way.  

The thing that I like is Eppler turning waiver claims into actual prospects.  At some point, guys like Abel De Los Santos, Vicente Campos and Osmer Morales won't be in our top 20.  They will settle in somewhere in the honorable mention group and we'll have a slew of C+ guys that don't even get mentioned.   

The other thing to notice is that there are all of 2 prospects on Sickels list that were international signings by the halos.  Jaime Barria and Elvin Rodriguez.  The Yankees were huge players in the international market.  Something I am sure Eppler was involved with and paid close attention to during his time there.  Our restrictions are lifted in July.  I anticipate we will see the signing of foreign players again very soon.  

21 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

The other thing to notice is that there are all of 2 prospects on Sickels list that were international signings by the halos.  Jaime Barria and Elvin Rodriguez.  The Yankees were huge players in the international market.  Something I am sure Eppler was involved with and paid close attention to during his time there.  Our restrictions are lifted in July.  I anticipate we will see the signing of foreign players again very soon.  

Definitely think we're going to see this start making major strides. The catch with the Latin prospects is there is way more to it than just throwing money at it. It's not an overnight fix. Strong Infrastructure and established relationships are what makes the Latin pool successful, not money.

• 1 hour ago, ScruffytheJanitor said:

Chris Rodriguez is the guy I am looking forward too next year. I think he has an outside chance to be a top-100 prospect (with Jones and Thaiss). 

And Ward. A solid season at the plate will put him in the 90's.