• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Adam Eaton from the Trumbo/Skaggs trade

notherhalo

I think every player in that deal is pretty solid.

Trumbo - One trick pony, but that trick never gets old. HR king.

Skaggs - He's been hurt,?but when healthy he's alright. But he's still just 24 and is a former elite prospect.

Santiago - It wasn't always pretty, but the final line was typically pretty good for Santiago. Plus he got Nolasco and Meyer.

Eaton - Just a solid all around player. Not spectacular, but good.

We obviously could've had him, since Eaton was swapped for Santiago before we swapped for them both but we had an OF glut at the time, which is why we dealt Trumbo in the first place and needed 2 starters back. I wonder if we could've had a minor league starter and Skaggs AND Eaton for Trumbo and someone else.

2 hours ago, Angelsjunky said:

The Diamondbacks got hosed on that trade. They lost Eaton and Skaggs and the two guys they got are both gone. Brandon Jacobs didn't pan out and is in the Independent leagues, and AJ Schugel is now a Pirate, having been claimed on waivers.

Every move the diamondbacks have made hasn't panned out in the last few years it seems 

I remember when this trade went down and they had Kevin Towers on probably MLB Channel Towers approached Dipoto and said I'm interested in your power hitter how about we start with Skaggs and Eaton so if Dipoto wanted him he could of had him Dipoto hand picked Santiago telling Towers if you could get him you got a deal and he got him with Eaton

2 minutes ago, Champions2002 said:

I remember when this trade went down and they had Kevin Towers on probably MLB Channel Towers approached Dipoto and said I'm interested in your power hitter how about we start with Skaggs and Eaton so if Dipoto wanted him he could of had him Dipoto hand picked Santiago telling Towers if you could get him you got a deal and he got him with Eaton

Yup..   He was gifted a fringe star, a legit leadoff caliber bat and he still managed to mess it up.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:00 AM, Scotty@AW said:

I think every player in that deal is pretty solid.

Trumbo - One trick pony, but that trick never gets old. HR king.

Skaggs - He's been hurt,?but when healthy he's alright. But he's still just 24 and is a former elite prospect.

Santiago - It wasn't always pretty, but the final line was typically pretty good for Santiago. Plus he got Nolasco and Meyer.

Eaton - Just a solid all around player. Not spectacular, but good.

You hurt AJ Shugel's feelings