• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jahmai Jones

Halonut

Without looking, is there maybe something preventing him from getting enough playing time in Burlington? Too many OFs producing well there already? With Lund, Montgomery, Thaiss, Zimmerman, maybe it's just a little too crowded and they don't want to take away any ABs.

22 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

It's still pretty ridiculous holding him back in Orem.

meh.  he's one of the youngest in the pioneer league and he'd be the 2nd or 3rd youngest in the midwest league if I remember correctly.  

He's 19 in few days.  He's having a great season already playing against older competition.  Why disrupt his life and potentially damage his confidence by throwing him into a pitchers league to get about 50-75 plate appearances? It's not like he's absolutely destroying the competition 

If they park him at Burlington for a whole season next year and he's producing similar results, then I will have a problem.  

If he's at A/A+ next year, he's exactly 1yr behind the progression of Trout with the chance to play his 20 yo season at AA/AAA.

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

meh.  he's one of the youngest in the pioneer league and he'd be the 2nd or 3rd youngest in the midwest league if I remember correctly.  

He's 19 in few days.  He's having a great season already playing against older competition.  Why disrupt his life and potentially damage his confidence by throwing him into a pitchers league to get about 50-75 plate appearances? It's not like he's absolutely destroying the competition 

If they park him at Burlington for a whole season next year and he's producing similar results, then I will have a problem.  

If he's at A/A+ next year, he's exactly 1yr behind the progression of Trout with the chance to play his 20 yo season at AA/AAA.

Jahmai is ready for full season ball, he was ready in April. He's an elite athlete and a top prospect, those should be pushed.