• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Colorado SP

Just angling.  They had a deeper outlook with their rotation going into the season, with ? marks all around now for it. 

1.  Will Weaver hang it up

2. Will Wilson remain

3. Grim or promising between Skaggs and Heaney

4. Santiago the Ace

On top of that, 2017 has Weaver and Wilson falling off, with arguably the worst FA SP market after Strasberg extended.   

Nava can play 1B, therefore chipping Cron for that SP future help might be a considerable option for Eppler at this stage, agree or disagree? 

18 minutes ago, Jeff Williams said:

.....Nava can play 1B, therefore chipping Cron for that SP future help might be a considerable option for Eppler at this stage, agree or disagree? 

No....Agree with Chuck, we need to hold on to what we have.....I'd like to see Eppler think outside the box a little, rather than the usual stuff---trading young guys and trying to rebuild like the Braves, etc.....maybe a couple of Cuban FA's?....Nava and Gentry were dumpster signings, Cron has some decent upside if the light comes on.....Also, the best hope for the future with this team is still starting pitching.....You hope Richards, Heaney and Skaggs all can get well....That will require some patience....not an easy thing.....

Edited by DMVol

Angels seem to be in free fall right now....probably going to lose to St. Louis tonight and get swept.

it's awful to be so awful so awfully early in the season.....this reminds me of the Halos in those 'drifting years' in the 90's the whole Terry Collins / Mo Vaughn era debacle.

going to the ballyard and seeing Trent Durrington as our starting SS with the Halos on the way to another losing season -- but at least that was August/ September -- this is mid-May.

Sorry, it's just real difficult not to get discouraged with the organization and team right now........something's gotta change -- and that's usually the skipper -- as much as I like Sosh - I think if the Angels continue on this trajectory (spiraling downward) for a 'lost season' -- something's gotta give........if for no other reason than to mix things up a bit......... 

15 hours ago, Jeff Williams said:

Angle and Argument: As Colorado has drafted top P prospects, might you give up big hitting for them?

Cron for Gray and Anderson, perhaps?

The Angels' main philosophy must be H.I.T.T.I.N.G.

Was HITTING, but turn of the worm, PITCHING now, unless they get better determination from Skaggs and Heaney. 

...How can it not be with Santiago and Shoemaker presently 1-2 in the rotation right now?

I expect Shoe to bounce back, though.       

Edited by Jeff Williams
usual habit

Gotta hold onto Cron until we get at least a couple other positions turned into positives at the plate, or until we get a legit lefty hitting 1B/DH.

If we don't deal Calhoun at some point, and wind up developing or acquiring an outfielder or two, would be interesting to see if Calhoun one day transitioning to 1B and Pujols to DH would become an option.

Edited by totdprods

In principle trading young talent for other young talent if fine if we can find replacements elsewhere.

If the Angels continue to tank and are out of it about a month before the trade deadline they'll have to perform an analysis of what teams in contention need in exchange for what we have to offer (Escobar, Santiago, Street, Soto, Salas, Smith, et al). If it seems like we are able to obtain position players that could potentially replace a Cron for instance then using him as a trade chip for pitching isn't a bad idea.

We'll have to see where we stand in two months.

Gray would be a tremendous get if he were actually available but I don't think he is. By the way Ben Paulsen isn't that good.