• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Excellence - Part 2

Wow... a UK newspaper agrees that the UK has the best healthcare.

According to WHO they come in at 17th in the world.

"The NHS has been declared the best healthcare system by an international panel of experts who rated its care superior to countries which spend far more on health."

"The report has been produced by the Commonwealth Fund, a Washington-based foundation which is respected around the world for its analysis of the performance of different countries' health systems."

It's not just their opinion.

By the way, go to England and see how many fat people you come across.  I would say probably 10x more fat people in the US than in England.  There is your cost and access to care issues right there.  Fewer people living unhealthy lives means better quality of care.

Nobody ever wants to look at things that way though, it is just a what have you done for me attitude.

By the way, go to England and see how many fat people you come across.  I would say probably 10x more fat people in the US than in England.  There is your cost and access to care issues right there.  Fewer people living unhealthy lives means better quality of care.

Nobody ever wants to look at things that way though, it is just a what have you done for me attitude.

What was that you said? Saying things without backing them up? The US is fatter, yes, but not by a ton.

By about 4.5% according to this chart:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/22/youll-never-guess-the-worlds-fattest-country-and-no-its-not-the-u-s/

Getting desperate I see, linking a recording from 1978...lol.

I can argue it easily, all I have to do is point to the UK's success. It's universal healthcare is the best in the world.

im a sideliner here, but fwiw worth, a few friends of mine lived in britain when they got out of college. They didnt care for the hospital setup. They said they wait to see a doctor is ridiculous.

Im not arguing against universal health care, but like anything else its not perfect

We have an office in the UK that I've been to multiple times now and I work regularly with individuals from that office.  It's not like we sit around and talk about their National Insurance but like anything after a while you get to know people better, share more about your non-work life and things come up.  Our company still pays for insurance that they offer to individuals in those offices that is in addition to NI.  The thing is in the UK that's considered a taxable benefit which means if you elect that coverage you're paying NI and getting taxed on the cost of the private insurance.  Everyone over there still elects the additional coverage because private insurance affords them certain things NI doesn't and some of it is wait time related.  The UK system may be better in some or many ways but it's expensive to employers and employees and it's far from perfect. 

im a sideliner here, but fwiw worth, a few friends of mine lived in britain when they got out of college. They didnt care for the hospital setup. They said they wait to see a doctor is ridiculous.

Im not arguing against universal health care, but like anything else its not perfect

I agree, nothing in this world is perfect (except for Nate's opinion, of course).

But you have to look at the larger picture.

We have an office in the UK that I've been to multiple times now and I work regularly with individuals from that office.  It's not like we sit around and talk about their National Insurance but like anything after a while you get to know people better, share more about your non-work life and things come up.  Our company still pays for insurance that they offer to individuals in those offices that is in addition to NI.  The thing is in the UK that's considered a taxable benefit which means if you elect that coverage you're paying NI and getting taxed on the cost of the private insurance.  Everyone over there still elects the additional coverage because private insurance affords them certain things NI doesn't and some of it is wait time related.  The UK system may be better in some or many ways but it's expensive to employers and employees and it's far from perfect. 

The US spends almost 3 times as much on healthcare. I fail to see the issue with cost.

Where are you getting that from?  The NHS article you linked says the US spends over 2x what the UK does but digging further tells you that includes private health insurance which is more common in the US.  The US spends more between private and public spending on healthcare but the amount of public spending vs. that of the UK is a smaller gap.