• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Seems Reasonable

Adam

So you think folks who can't pay a loan back should be arrested at gunpoint?

Again, all they had to do was garnish his wages.  no courts, no warrants, no arrests.  Its stupid ass overkill as the feds flex their muscles on some poor black dude again.

lol

You know you have no leg to stand on when you have to play the race card.

Anyone been to traffic court? These poor people (who can't take care of themselves and who we need to support with our tax dollars) can't pay their tickets. So, their $100 fine turns into a $300 fine and then into a $500 fine. They miss a payment a warrant is issued for their arrest. They fail to appear they get arrested, booked, fined more, etc. 

So dumb. 

Completely agree. Last time I sat in court they were offering jail time to pay for the fines. 2 days jail time...1 day with good behavior. They were instructed to arrive around 10pm the day their sentence arrived. They would be booked, printed, etc. and then released in the morning. 

Seemed to be a helluva lot more expensive than other alternatives.

Criminal justice system has become a business unto itself.

Completely agree. Last time I sat in court they were offering jail time to pay for the fines. 2 days jail time...1 day with good behavior. They were instructed to arrive around 10pm the day their sentence arrived. They would be booked, printed, etc. and then released in the morning. 

Seemed to be a helluva lot more expensive than other alternatives.

Criminal justice system has become a business unto itself.

that seems silly. serve both days and be done with it.

here's one of my issues with this scenario:

Student loan debt in America totals over $1 trillion, surpassing credit card debt andprompting politicians, including President Obama, to propose countless solutions. The average student loan debt sum for 2015 college graduates isover $35,000.

while bernie's idea of free college sounds great and would do a lot to help cut down on student loan debt, it's not realistic. my kid starts college in 18 months, and i sure don't want her coming home after 4 years with a $35k debt. so how do we address this? it needs to be discussed.

i wonder what the financial books look like of a place like USC, where it costs $50k a year. if you have 30,000 students paying 50k a year, plus you pull in significant tv money from sports, well, it seems like running a private university could be a pretty profitable thing.

If you default on a bank loan, credit card loan, car loan...........

they don't send the police. They get a judgement and garnish wages.

If you default on a car loan they send someone to repossess the car. Then they do the court thing after auctioning it off to reclaim the balance. Houses you get evicted and the same action ensues.

Obviously on a student loan they can't repossess your brain but they can require it to stand in front of a judge when it isn't functioning properly.