• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Ex-Angels general manager Jerry Dipoto sells Newport Beach house for $2.66 million

Sadly Jerry had no ability to invest in the teams future.

How could he with Arte breathing down his neck? I think it's fair to say that Dipoto did some good and bad, he wasn't perfect. 

How could he with Arte breathing down his neck? I think it's fair to say that Dipoto did some good and bad, he wasn't perfect.

By drafting quality players. The one area I doubt Arte interferes with. I've said it before you can still find quality players after round one, just ask Kole.

By drafting quality players. The one area I doubt Arte interferes with. I've said it before you can still find quality players after round one, just ask Kole.

I put most of the blame on Reagins for firing Eddie Bane. Dipoto did draft quality players, though: he drafted Sean Newcomb, who netted us Andrelton Simmons (who you call the best defensive SS in the last 20 years). The verdict is still out for Taylor Ward, though.

He traded Trumbo for Skaggs and Santiago, and traded Kendrick for Andrew Heaney––don't forget Trevor Gott or Carlos Perez or Johnny Giavotella. Dipoto made this team a lot younger, and traded his way to get younger players.

Edited by failos

Of all those players you mentioned he drafted Newcomb. I'm not wrong about whether or not he drafted quality players. One guy in three years and our minor leagues being ranked very very low when he left is proof enough that you're reaching here.

Well, the team lost a few picks due to F.A. signings.