• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners sign Nori Aoki for one year deal

NrM

Seems like a great acquisition. Wish the Angels went after him.

Hits for average, gets on base and has solid speed.

Career

.287/.353/.386 .740 OPS

and has averaged around 15 steals a year.

Maybe he turns out to be another Matt Joyce though lol

Edited by Poozy

I'm really getting impatient with the Angels....make a move already!

Of the top 50 ranked free agents only 9 have signed a contract

Only 1 was from the top 10.

Of those 9 only 5 have changed teams.

The Angels have one of those 5 in Soto.

It seems there isn't a lot of urgency out there.

Of the top 50 ranked free agents only 9 have signed a contract

Only 1 was from the top 10.

Of those 9 only 5 have changed teams.

The Angels have one of those 5 in Soto.

It seems there isn't a lot of urgency out there.

Yes there's always an urgency by the fans to tell Arte how to spend HIS money. I'm sure that Arte will crush that luxury tax because we are demanding that he does.

I guess we will see.

Strad, like I said in another thread, Arte has had numerous opportunities to cross the luxury tax threshold but he didn't. What makes you think that he will now? Arte shouldn't have to increase his $150M budget to win. It's been proven many times that big money deals don't guarantee championships. Arte has already figured that out.

Strad, like I said in another thread, Arte has had numerous opportunities to cross the luxury tax threshold but he didn't. What makes you think that he will now? Arte shouldn't have to increase his $150M budget to win. It's been proven many times that big money deals don't guarantee championships. Arte has already figured that out.

He's basically throwing away the season then.

If he doesn't go over, they're better off rebuilding right now.

Trading for Simmons would be one big ****ing mistake.

Edited by Poozy

He's basically throwing away the season then.

If he doesn't go over, they're better off rebuilding right now.

Trading for Simmons would be one big ****ing mistake.

Arte is already spending $150M on this current roster. So if he doesn't sign another $200M player for the fans he must be cheap......again.

Arte is already spending $150M on this current roster. So if he doesn't sign another $200M player for the fans he must be cheap......again.

I didn't say he has to spend 200 million on a single player.

The roster has holes everywhere and there's no way they can be filled without going significantly over the luxury.

What sense is there in gutting the farmsystem just to finish .500 again

Edited by Poozy

I didn't say he has to spend 200 million on a single player.

The roster holes everywhere and there's no way they can be filled without going significantly over the luxury.

What sense is there in gutting the farmsystem just to finish in 3rd/4th place?

Why would Arte sacrifice the future to lose in the short term?

I think Arte wants to go a different direction. He's letting his GM be a GM through smart trades and cost effective signings until the dead wood is off the books. I'm pretty sure that he wants to stay within a certain budget. He has a lease agreement to decide on and he needs to fix the city's stadium. He could choose to move the team or sell the team. Arte is pushing 70 and he's already made a ton of money on the Angels.

I think Arte wants to go a different direction. He's letting his GM be a GM through smart trades and cost effective signings until the dead wood is off the books. I'm pretty sure that he wants to stay within a certain budget. He has a lease agreement to decide on and he needs to fix the city's stadium. He could choose to move the team or sell the team. Arte is pushing 70 and he's already made a ton of money on the Angels.

With no farmsystem the angels will never be a budget team....It usually takes 4+ years to rebuild a system....

The money coming off the books within the next 2-3 years will all be going back into retaining guys like Richards and Calhoun. The last of it will be raises to the other cost controlled guys like Heaney, Cron, Shoemaker Gott...

There is no extra money. 

Edited by Poozy