• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Can we get Bourjos and Trout to steal some bases now?

rageous

1 stolen base between them in 1 attempt is absolutely ridiculous.

And it's not like they have been trouble getting on base or getting caught stealing.

A certain #3 hitter likes to foul off pitches when Trout and Bourjos have leads and start to go for it. Before that, a certain short stop liked to bunt and manufacture outs in order to move those guys over. 

1 stolen base between them in 1 attempt is absolutely ridiculous.

And it's not like they have been trouble getting on base or getting caught stealing.

I don't have a problem with them being careful with Bourjos, but with Trout it clearly seems they are holding them back.  Maybe they are playing more "moneyball" and believe the risk of being thrown out on a steal attempt is too great and they want to wait for their sluggers to drive them in.

A certain #3 hitter likes to foul off pitches when Trout and Bourjos have leads and start to go for it. Before that, a certain short stop liked to bunt and manufacture outs in order to move those guys over. 

How many times has Aybar sacrificed bunted this year?  Please keep your arguments to facts that can be supported

I've seen Aybar take the first 2 pitches to only see Trout still standing at 1st and Aybar fall behind in the count.

was this response meant for me or ariz mike?

Trout not stealing has nothing to do with the Aybar hitting behind him.  It, however, may have something to do with Pujols hitting behind him.  Maybe Sosh doesn't want first base open when Pujols bats.

was this response meant for me or ariz mike?

Trout not stealing has nothing to do with the Aybar hitting behind him.  It, however, may have something to do with Pujols hitting behind him.  Maybe Sosh doesn't want first base open when Pujols bats.

Was supporting your argument.

Agreed.

Trouts 49 SBs helped out his run scoring/WAR last year. He may not be as valuable if we can't take advantage of his speed on the base paths.

First we take centerfield away from him, now we take away his ability to steal bases. Trout might as well bulk up to 260lbs and become a permanent DH.

Agreed. While those may be objectively the best decisions for the team (Bourjos in CF, not "taking the bat away" from Albert) I can't help but feel these moves, and petty snubs like drafting Grichuk first and a $20k raise will lead to Trout leaving to free agency rather than signing an extension with us. 

As the Angels leadoff hitter for the first 8 games Trout had a .278 avg with a .750 ops. His last 8 games batting 2nd he is hitting .333 with a .997 ops.

I don't think he sees his situation the way you guys do.

I don't know about that. I hear he has plenty of sleepless nights thinking about that whole Grichuk fiasco.

Trouts 49 SBs helped out his run scoring/WAR last year. He may not be as valuable if we can't take advantage of his speed on the base paths.

First we take centerfield away from him, now we take away his ability to steal bases. Trout might as well bulk up to 260lbs and become a permanent DH.

Oh yes, game decisions should be based on helping a player reach his highest WAR.  

Why do I get the feeling Trout is on your fantasy team.  

Real baseball is motivated by winning, not putting up impressive stats.