• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

DeJesus & Victorino

OregonLAA

Its not a secret to the problem of the offense.  We have had a black hole in Left field, poor production for most of the year from DH and Catcher.  That is 1/3 of the lineup!

Robertson and Navarro weren't automatic outs.  Murphy/Cron platoon is fine.  But left field still sucks.  Catcher is back to a black hole.  And as much as I support Featherston, we are in trouble if he is actually getting platooned.  The loss of Freese was greater than we anticipated.

The Robertson hero worshiping has to stop. He had a .622 OPS and a .506 OPS against LHP (Victorino is at .747 against LHP this year). Robertson looked better than he was because he took over from Joyce. He is simply a AAAA player who did a decent job for us for a little while but was never a proper solution. DeJesus is a much better player who happens to have had an incredibly cold start. He can't just have lost the ability to hit overnight.

What is Victorino OPS since joining the Angels?

I've heard that exact phrase for about ever hitter we've acquired during the last 5-7 years except Hunter.

And how many of them did forget how to hit overnight? Wells and Joyce. Wood if you count him too. Plus Wells was entirely foreseeable. Deciding someone sucks off a couple of dozen at bats is just absolute nonsense.

We didn't have much, but we should have been sellers at the deadline.  I would like to have thought that Jerry's plan was to rebuild the pitching staff (at least the starters), which he did over the last two years, and focus on the offense.  We know with Scioscia at the helm, someone like Ianetta is going to be your starting catcher, so, we need to pick up the slack somewhere.  We are stuck with Pujols and has fading average and power, Trout and Calhoun are good to go in the OF, I can live with Gio at 2nd and Aybar for a couple more years at SS, so again (broken record), we fill LF and 3rd.  If we think Cowart or Kubitza is our 3bman, than they should be here now. 

This offseason and next year, should be a year of rebuilding.  We need some solid drafts and smart trades/signings.

Sellers when we were three games in front?

We didn't have much, but we should have been sellers at the deadline. I would like to have thought that Jerry's plan was to rebuild the pitching staff (at least the starters), which he did over the last two years, and focus on the offense. We know with Scioscia at the helm, someone like Ianetta is going to be your starting catcher, so, we need to pick up the slack somewhere. We are stuck with Pujols and has fading average and power, Trout and Calhoun are good to go in the OF, I can live with Gio at 2nd and Aybar for a couple more years at SS, so again (broken record), we fill LF and 3rd. If we think Cowart or Kubitza is our 3bman, than they should be here now.

This offseason and next year, should be a year of rebuilding. We need some solid drafts and smart trades/signings.